What's new

How do you tell a rides manufacturer?

Gargamel

Roller Poster
Other than searching it up or being familiar with the model, do manufacturers put their names on specific places, or do they just not bother?

Matt N

CF Legend
Other than searching it up or being familiar with the model, do manufacturers put their names on specific places, or do they just not bother?
They don't usually tend to put their names on the rides themselves (in publicly visible places, at least), but often, a manufacturer will put a specific ride onto their website and describe it as an indicator that they worked on it. Alternatively, things like IAAPA also give us a good indicator of who's manufacturing a new ride.

RcTmix

Mega Poster
Check out rcdb.com (roller coaster database). You can find plenty of information about most permanently installed coasters, usually including the manufacturer.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Some of them have their names embossed into the restraints.

In China it's quite easy since they have to have an information panel displayed somewhere visible.

Some of them have their names embossed into the restraints.

In China it's quite easy since they have to have an information panel displayed somewhere visible.
I would love to see an infortmation panel at the end of most rides, maybe those with a story could have some story boards as well. It's what I'd do if I ran a park. I'd also go bankrupt pretty soon as I'd end up only putting things I like in.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Most don't put their names on their rides - and even if they do it depends...

Gerstlauer and Zamperla mostly have their company name and logo on their restraints - but that could be replaced by the ride or park name and/or logo. Some like Mondial deliver their rides with a plate with their name on it - but its not neccesary to put it on the ride.

For German funfair rides https://ride-index.de/ is a good source. For coaster rcdb as mentioned above.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
My preferred method?

giphy.gif

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
For me its the reliability. If the ride is down 90% of the time you know Intamin made it. If it is more than 90% it is for sure an S&S and best of luck riding it 👍;)

Last edited: