What's new

How do you fall asleep?

How do you fall asleep?

• I am always tired when I get to bed - Easy!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I count sheep or some other morbid farm animal

• I just close my eyes and wait till I hit the land of nod

• I never sleep, I lay in bed shaking like a madman

• I use sleeping pills on occasion

• Other

• Total voters

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Recently I've been struggling to get to sleep. Not due to nightmares or anything, I just always feel 100% awake and you feel like a tosspot when you close your eyes thinking it will help, knowing your not going nowhere.

So CF'ers, how do you get to sleep?

Usually, when I lay down, I pass out.

I find the problem being getting away from doing other stuff and getting into bed.

I just cuddle up to a corner of the bedsheets, think of someone nice and thats it. Easy sleeper I am.

Normally just being in bed sends me off to sleep after a while. It is just the sheer comfort of it but sometimes I do have to toss and turn a lot.

Maybe It's just me, but I literally never get tired, If I do it's usually because of heat, but I have to go to bed because it's not good for you if you stay up too long, I try to get atleast 7.5 hours, but the longest I stayed up has been about 30 hours, but that was because I messed my body clock up by having a party haha, but usually i just lay there until I nod off, but I find it really differcult to get up once I'm down!! :lol:

When I turn my TV and light off, I usually fall straight asleep.

Although, when I'm away from home, the first night I can never get to sleep until the very early hours of the morning (or not at all). It's really annoying, I try absolutely everything and it just doesn't work. I pay the price of it the next morning when I'm either very grumpy or very irritable.
Any other nights after that and I'm fine!

I lay down and in anywhere from 30minutes to an hour, I can be mostly asleep. I'm not the greatest at actually falling asleep and it takes me forever... so I guess I just kind of lay there until it happens.

Late night radio or tv repeats during the early hours usually send me to sleep. When I start to feel my eyes closing then I usually turn everything off and I fall asleep straight away.

i really struggle to get to sleep i normally end up in bed aroundhalf 10 but wont actually get any sleep until 1ish. i usualy listen to my ipod or radio and i end up asleep after a while. but yea i find jazz music sends me off to the land of nod.

I'm usually just tired and sleep, but, last year I was suffering a bit and used sleeping pills, and they did the trick, so I would try them if you're having trouble! Don't "rely" on them, but they should get you back into a pattern. They did with me!

I lie there for hours until I eventualy fall asleep, then wake up not realising I had. Then i can't get back to sleep at all all day.

I find a good position, close my eyes and let my mind wander until I fall asleep. I used to be lying liek that for hours, but now it takes about ten minutes with no effort (as it's usually the effort that keeps you awake).

Well, I'm not the best at falling asleep on weekdays. I'm a night owl so even after going to bed consistently at around eleven for weeks on end, I'm still not tired and can't fall asleep. That said, I fall asleep almost immediately on my preferred cycle. :--D

If you're having trouble falling asleep, laying absolutely still (and I mean not moving a muscle) for 15-20 minutes works a lot of the time, but it can be pretty uncomfortable and may make you groggy.

No idea. It takes me ages to get to sleep, once I am, I'm gone, but it's the falling asleep I have trouble with.

I just lie there and hopefully will nod off, but I think too much, so that stops me.

If I've done stuff during the day (which is extremely rare for me), I'll go to sleep pretty quickly.
But if there's tonnes of stuff on my mind, and I've done no physical activity whatsoever, I can't get to sleep at all. Like since I've come back from America pretty much, I haven't been able to get to sleep until about 4-5am each day, and haven't woken up until sometime after 1pm. It's highly annoying. :(

Other.

I just lie there thinking about stuff and I just end up nodding off.

I'm quite a light sleeper, so I end up lying awake some nights. It's easiest to read, that really sends you off!