What's new

Horror coasters

Ben

CF Legend
Ollie said:
Saw films aren't the goriest films out there. In fact you barely see any gore.

... HUH?

They're disgusting films (well, the last three have been!)

The rack, the hair pulling, the pendulum, the saws, the glass coffin... they were all really, really gorey!

What would you consider a gorey film then...?

Ollie

CF Legend
Ben said:
The rack, the hair pulling, the pendulum, the saws, the glass coffin... they were all really, really gory!

What would you consider a gory film then...?
I said the more recent Saw films show more gore. But next time you watch it. Have a look and see during the length of each trap how often they actually show you something really gory. Out of a whole trap that lasts say 3 minutes only about 5-10 seconds of it will show something gory. The rest of the shots will be of facial expressions and of other things while your mind fills in the rest and assumes you've seen worse than it is actually showing.
We've done it in media recently and when I watched Saw 1-5 again over the past fortnight I realised it was right.

As for gory films, I can't think of any that have really grossed me out. But the scene in Hostel part II where they showed the close up of that guy getting his balls ripped of with a pair of pliers made me cringe as it was a sustained shot and you could see all the stuff oozing out.

I don't want to get into an argument about this though. :)