What's new

Home park and proud?

JakeC

Roller Poster
I am very proud to call thorpe park my home theme park, alot of memories and the park keeps improving. I know the park isnt perfect at all and it does not compete with alot of other major parks around the world, but i feel the park is heading in the right direction at the moment. so yes i am proud to call thorpe park my home park.

Jake :)

D1993

Hyper Poster
^ I wish I could say the same thing about mine. To be honest anyone who lives in sydney does not have a 'home' park, because the nearest theme parks (and the only) are over a 10 hour drive away.
Basically my 'home' park, is the park I consider to be closest to where I stay everytime I go to USA. Since I always stay in New York, I would say I definetly feel that Great Adventure is my home park, and that place is something Im incredibly proud about. Kingda Ka, El Toro and Nitro are all in my top 10

oakdown

Roller Poster
Unfortunately I would have to go with M&D's (Scotland's only theme park). I don't see that there's anything to be proud of there really, what with its two Pinfari coasters that try they're best to give you a concussion....

If it were still open though, I would say Loudon Castle. It was no Six Flags but it was certainly a good bit better than M&D's :(

fishman100

Mega Poster
Well, there are 3 parks somewhat close to my house: BGE (Busch Gardens Europe), King's Dominion, and Six Flags America.

To be brutally honest SFA kinda sucks...but that might change with the addition of Apocalypse. We'll see.

I have heard that BGE is "the prettiest park" and I do have to agree. The scenery along with the coasters are good. I wouldn't exactly say I'm extremely proud of having this in my home state but I don't take living near the park for granted.

King's Dominion is what I would say is the best amusement park in VA. Being next to Richmond it's centrally lcoated, which is convenient and smart. For the hardcore coaster enthusiasts you could argue the only good rides there are I305, Dominator, and Volcano, but for the less enthusiastic (and the typical "beginner" who has never been on a coaster before) it's a good park since there are a variety of rides and speeds to get yourself acclimated to riding coasters. Plus the lines aren't usually long so you can get in a lot of rides, even on crowded rides such as I305, in one day.

Lofty

CF Legend
My home park would be a toss-up between three **** holes. Gulliver's Warrington, Knowsley Safari Park & Camelot.

Seriously. Help. Me.

CoasterFreak24

Roller Poster
mine is six flags over georgia and im proud of it. got some really great rides there and the experience is always good there. iv heard people say they've had bad experiences but iv never had any.

merga74

Roller Poster
I am extremely proud to say that I am 90 minutes from Great Adventure. My daughter and i have season passes this year and they are on fire behind the fact we used them so much this year. And, it's lookin like I'll get there once if not twice more. Granted, Kingda Ka being closed since August has kinda stunk, we did get on it about 6 times this year, but when you are there and it is silently looming over the park, it's a little sad. But I could ride Nitro, El Toro and Bizarro all day long and not get tired of them. In fact this past Sunday, that is pretty much what we did. I mean this park really has just about everything. Height, speed, and smoothness, along with each coaster being very different from the others in the park. We went to Six Flags America on Saturday, and while the rides themselves were a bit rougher, I dont understand what all the flogging of SFA is about. No, its not GrAdv, but we got there 20 minutes after opening and there was MAYBE 100 people in the park. The only reason we waited at all for the first 3 hours of the day was to have the first ride in a new coaster in the front. In 8 hours we got in 20 rides! Some coasters 3 or 4 times. Some only once. The only issue I have with GrAdv is when it's crowded it's really crowded. But Ive found if you get there early and stay late, you get a lot of ride time in.

Will

Strata Poster
One of the only good things about living where I do is it's less than an hour from Alton Towers.
Growing up, I rarely went anywhere else, and was something of an 'Alton boy' for that reason. Now, would I trade that in for any other UK park or many of those elsewhere in Europe? Not a chance, especially not in October.

reddude333

Giga Poster
I guess the closest thing I had to a home park was Wild Waves and Enchanted Village but I am so ashamed of it that I would count a park that is ~400 miles away my home park (because it's essentially the second closest park to me). So I have always considered Silverwood to be my home park and I am extremely proud of that. It started quite small when I was young and has really matured since then. Every year I go back they have at least one new attraction :-D And now that I am living in California for school I once again don't really have a home park because there is nothing for about 3 or 4 hours on all sides of me...

Ethan

Strata Poster
My home park is Thorpey... and i'm not very proud. Although the Swarm may change this -_-

reddude333

Giga Poster
^^ Hardly even worth the creds haha. But, to their credit, they are somewhat unique coasters. Definitely nothing to be proud of though.

Nic

Strata Poster
I guess my home 'park' (if you can call it that) is Brighton Pier considering that it's almost exactly a mile from my house. As for being proud of it? Yes and no. In terms of the rides etc, no I'm not. They're badly operated and maintained and far too over priced. In terms of it being an iconic tourist attraction then, yes, I am very proud to call it my home.

Rosso

Roller Poster
Canobie Lake is closer but Six Flags New England is my home park. It's the first theme park I ever been and yes I'm very proud of SFNE. I plan on actually riding all the rides next year instead of going to the water park for half the day.