What's new

Holiday World | Cheetah Chase | ProSlide RocketBlast

Matt N

CF Legend
Or it could be sommet like Divertical or Speed...but I can't compete with a bandwagon aha lol
I'm not too sure about a Divertical-style water coaster, personally. It might be worth remembering that Holiday World removed Giraffica, an Intamin shoot-the-chute with a similar lift system, in 2014, so I'm unsure how likely they'd be to build a similar Intamin product.
EDIT: I think Giraffica may have been removed for reliability reasons, giving further reasoning for Holiday World not to build an Intamin water coaster: https://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/holiday-world-thunderbird-launched-b-m-wing-coaster.37694/

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd be gobsmacked if they built anything that even vaguely resembled Pilgrims Plunge (as it was called when I rode it). Not only will it have put them off, and be quite hard to market, it was also just a bit ****. Holiday World have a history of actually building pretty good stuff. ;)

I'm hoping for one of those Gerstlauer family coasters like Firechaser. I don't reckon it'll be anything huge, so I'm just hoping for something halfway decent.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Playing devils advocate here but i visited in june and saw all of the intamin boats for Pilgrims Plunge lined up just outside the old station, looked like they were being inspected or something. Unfortunately i dont have pictures as my phone died but seemed odd for a ride that closed 5 years ago.

The below article states "The tower is gone but the station is still there," she said. "We're looking to the future. We kept the station." so they're obviously considering utilising it at some point.

http://archive.courierpress.com/fea...water-ride--video-ep-456106521-324532601.html

Matt N

CF Legend
Playing devils advocate here but i visited in june and saw all of the intamin boats for Pilgrims Plunge lined up just outside the old station, looked like they were being inspected or something. Unfortunately i dont have pictures as my phone died but seemed odd for a ride that closed 5 years ago.

The below article states "The tower is gone but the station is still there," she said. "We're looking to the future. We kept the station." so they're obviously considering utilising it at some point.

http://archive.courierpress.com/fea...water-ride--video-ep-456106521-324532601.html
Very interesting... thanks for the info @Chris Brown! Very surprising that they haven't auctioned the boats off or something, but I suppose many parks do keep remnants of defunct attractions.

jay37415

Mega Poster
Interesting phrases that stick out to me are "I felt like a cat playing with a mouse." and "Nobody has caught all of them." They also mentioned its been 5 years since the announcement of T-Bird.
Kinda points to a cat and Mouse themed dueling coaster.

edit; I'm sticking with the aquatrax bandwagon and calling a dueling aquatrax!

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
EDIT: Darn it @Pear , you beat me to it!

At first glance, here are a few things that stand out to me on that leaked blueprint:
- This new attraction will reuse the Pilgrim's Plunge/Giraffica station as well as its splashdown pool, the latter for presumably the ride's finale. How inventive!
- The Voyage's lift hill structure will have to receive some modifications to fit the two bits of track punctuating it.
- I'm certainly happy that the area near Hyena Falls will receive a major reason to come there, as when I was at Holiday World I didn't see a need to visit such a secluded and distant part of Splashin' Safari.
- This ride's helix appears to encircle the new-for-2018 Tembo Tides, a splash pad and kid's slides at Splashin' Safari.

Putting these together in analysis, I think that this leaked coaster layout could be one of two things.

1. This seems very much like an Intamin Family Launch coaster to me (in the vein of Juvelen, Wave Breaker, and Mick Doohan's MotoCoaster) based on the rapid turns, launch at the beginning and seemingly low-to-the-ground layout. The splashdown finale would send the train around a turn into the brake run (it's above the disconnected bit of track in the picture).

2. Or, alternatively, this could be the prototype installation of the water coaster shown at IAAPA 2018 - featuring a single, relatively flat launch into some high-speed turns. I believe Polin Waterparks showed off a model of this new concept, but after searching for any footage or images of it I've come up empty.

SOURCE: https://kicentral.com/forums/index....t-thunderbird-level-addition-for-2020-season/

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

I’d like £100 on this being the launched Intamin water coaster concept showcased at IAAPA please. New it was weird seeing the old Pilgrims Plunge boats out! They must be looking at reusing them.

I'll bet two things. One that this is the Intamin launched water coaster concept (basically a second-gen aqua-trax), and that those blueprints are legit somehow.

Also, here is a POV from the aqua-trax 2.0 from IAAPA 2018 by Coaster Nation:-
So if this is an Intamin Launched Second Gen Aquatrax, that means it'll be for the dry park (themed to Thanksgiving). Also, if it is the dry park, I think it'll be part of the backstory for Thunderbird (a spinoff or extra chapter of the backstory) cause why else would they mention 2020 announcement, when they celebrate 5 years since Thunderbird's announcement

davidm

Strata Poster
That launched water thing (odd, I had not seen that before) looks much more like a launched Divertical/Speed than an Aqutrax. The coaster bits on those water coasters are very lame compared to the "true" Aquatrax IMHO.