What's new

'Hexenbesen'-possibly the most wierd flying coaster ever!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Firstly, sorry if anyone has already posted a topic on this recently...

I was browsing rcdb once and came across this-

This is a self-operated ride without an operator present. Riders go up a set of stairs and lay down on their stomach into the "tube". There are no restraints whatsoever; you can hold yourself by the bars in the "front window" of the car. You put a token in the box on your left hand side and when the light turns green, you push the start button.

Hexenbesen
Amusement Park:Erlebniswelt Seilbahnen Thale (Thale, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany)
Classification: Roller Coaster
Type: Steel - Flying
Make / Model: Wiegand / All Models / Wie-Hex
Inversions: 0
Trains: 2 cars. Riders are arranged inline in a single row for a total of 1 riders per car.
Notes:Riders must weigh 65 kg or less to ride.
Etymology: "Hexenbesen" is German for "Witch's Broom(stick)". In the hills surrounding the place, there are legends of the devil and witches -- this has become local folklore.
Facts: This is a single rail flying roller coaster. So it is a bit of a suspended roller coaster as well.
From rcdb.

Now isn't this just the most wierd flyer ever? (as far as I know, it's a worlds first)What do you think?Tp me it seems a bit unsafe...
more pics-http://www.rcdb.com/3050.htm

Please reply :p

Attachments

• 2e02gn0o1a1gdba0nqk006.jpg
    2e02gn0o1a1gdba0nqk006.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 212
  • mkmgc0l0s6lp8bt800118b.jpg
    mkmgc0l0s6lp8bt800118b.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 212

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Re: 'Hexenbesen'-possibly the most wierd flying coaster ever

It does look weird but with most coasters for me it just looks fun. Unsafe and weird but fun.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^If only it was a little bigger....

It looks like something you could make in your back garden to be honest!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

^ I agree there actually. The back garden one will be a lot more unsafe though. Still fun.

For the size, It looks a good size together.

Martyn B

CF Legend

This was brought up in the Strange, Wacky and Weird topic.

Josh73

Giga Poster

So does the end where your feet are shut? Because if you let go on the "lift" hill. You would fall...

jayjay

Giga Poster

Josh73 said:
So does the end where your feet are shut? Because if you let go on the "lift" hill. You would fall...
Note the large friendly green netting.

Kebab

Giga Poster

I've been on one of these, pretty cool things actually! There's this huge indoor 'Go Kidz Go' a couple of miles from where I live, and I went on my 12th birthday and this flies around the entire play area. Plus you're completely enclosed in the car from what I remember... :?

EDIT: Do these count as a credit then? :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I probably would actually. They're as much as cred as a batflyer or roller soaker. If I'd count it, then it really has to be ;)

Ben

CF Legend

Kebab said:
I've been on one of these, pretty cool things actually! There's this huge indoor 'Go Kidz Go' a couple of miles from where I live, and I went on my 12th birthday and this flies around the entire play area. Plus you're completely enclosed in the car from what I remember... :?

EDIT: Do these count as a credit then? :p

Go Kidz Go near Dudley? Is that the one that's yellow? Or got a yellow car? There's yellow involved SOMEWHERE. I think it's the car that's yellow.

Yeah, that's a cred, I know which one you mean. Spiteful, cause, I'm *told* it's still there, but, it's kids only <//3 It's not even on RCDB though I don't think, didn't realise anyone one here had it <//3

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster

I'm not going to reply because you asked people to... oh damn I already have.

Although I do agree that it looks crazy! I would love to go on this just for pure bizzareness.

Colossus

Giga Poster

^ Agreed i would have to ride this if the opportunity ever arose just out of sheer curiousness.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^Anyone would like this in their back garden...

The craziest thing about this ride is that there is no operator!!!
That's a way for parks to save money...

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^I'd probably count it as a cred anyway..

The one at go kidz go looks like the next step up.. and a bit more safe. Does it have a height restriction?

A

Anonymous

Not sure, but it have a weight restriction though, must be less than 65 kg :(

Ben

CF Legend

Mysterious Sue said:
The one in Wolverhampton is apparently called 'Skyrider'. Yeah, I reckon that looks like a cred

http://gothisplace.com/View/English/Go% ... 20Go,%20UK

That's the one I mean! Told you it was yellow ;)

Never realised quite how central that place is, or that it's still there, I'd have been literally less than a mile from it at the weekend <//3 That's ruined my LIFE that it's got an age restriction of 16 <///3 I might have to phone them and beg, I'm lighter than most 16 year olds, so spiteful <//3

So much <//3

EDIT - They do adult nights, haha. We should see if they'd let us on the CRED, cause you need 25 people. We'd well get that amount if they said we could have the cred, haha <3

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Ben said:
EDIT - They do adult nights, haha. We should see if they'd let us on the CRED, cause you need 25 people. We'd well get that amount if they said we could have the cred, haha <3

DO IT!!!!

fishman100

Mega Poster

That is pretty weird. It also looks (probably is unsafe) unsafe but TBH I don't think the chances of falling out are high. The cone-shaped bars in the front look too close together for anyone to slip out of...