What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Re: Hersheypark's New Ride for 2012

I think this thing looks fab actually. Hersheypark is amazing, and their efforts to fit a large ride like this in are pretty incredible. The train gimmick is a bit crap though. I worry it won't solve the roughness issue with Baco and I wonder why they wanted the floorless element at all. Rides which offer a choice of experience cause problems with queueing and guests getting the grumps. Just, why? What's the point?

But yeah the ride itself <3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Intamin hasn't created an airtime machine in the ~200 ft range right?
http://www.rcdb.com/628.htm
http://www.rcdb.com/541.htm
http://www.rcdb.com/699.htm
http://www.rcdb.com/1845.htm

Snoo

The Legend

One thing I was curious about.. why not use something like the program that CF parks use? It makes visualization of how it will look not only from the ride but from around the park.. as looking up aerials of the park isn't exactly perfect. It also would definitely would help those who haven't been there.

loefet said:
^^ There have been ground clearing for some time now, the first footers are a few weeks old, and there is also support on site, where as Swarm is just dirt?? Also the Port Aventura one is also just dirt but is in the news section..

It should have been moved some time ago. Maybe the mods should make a template on what is required for a topic to be classified as news vs. under construction, so that it would be easier to know where a topic should be...

I'm pretty sure this doesn't warrant discussing when you could just PM/report the topic love. ;)

D1993

Hyper Poster

Yeah im not totally crazy about the train but I think it will add a cool experience to the ride.

The layout seems a bit pulled out, like what I was hoping sharp airtime hills like maverick and mega lites have, are stretched out skinny. I think it will still be a good ride, but its not exacty what I was hoping for.

I was kinda hoping for something more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syT85XTbxVQ

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster

Looks like it could be a fun ride; but the video looks like ****. The NL builders on CF could have done a much better job.

But, on another note, I think the trains look awesome and I really can't wait to see them.

CPcisco

Mega Poster

Snoo said:
One thing I was curious about.. why not use something like the program that CF parks use? It makes visualization of how it will look not only from the ride but from around the park.. as looking up aerials of the park isn't exactly perfect. It also would definitely would help those who haven't been there.

It is not their own program, its 3Ds Max. The animations are done by a company called Virtual Image Productions (VIP) and I believe that Kevin McVeen is the one who does the entire production.

Snoo

The Legend
Re: "Skyrush" - Intamin Giga (with new trains), Hersheypark

^Well.. yeah. I knew all that.. just totally forgot who it was. You do tend to see CF using it quite often tho.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Quick question on the topic title.... isn't a Giga 300ft+?

michaellll

Mega Poster
Re: "Skyrush" - Intamin Hyper - Hersheypark

Welp, I'm embarrased. I for whatever reason was assuming the other hypers out there we're closer to 250. I'm an idiot. And I've been on a few of them! smh.

CPcisco

Mega Poster

Snoo said:
^Well.. yeah. I knew all that.. just totally forgot who it was. You do tend to see CF using it quite often tho.

I figured, just wanted to make sure facts were right for members who were not aware. :)

I does seem like CF uses his services for all of their ride announcements (including the Windseekers), not sure if SF uses him that heavily though, but I do know Holiday World has begun working with him these past couple of years. I don't think BGT had him do Cheetah Hunt though, it just didn't seem up to the level of detail he puts into the models. I also did find the NL model from Hershey to be a surprise, but it might just not have been in the budget to have Kevin do the animation, especially if he has not done one for them before he would also have to create most of the park to go with it.

I don't think I have commented on the ride itself yet though... I really like the train design, and I have read posts of people wondering about the shaking of the winged seats, I don't think if will be a major problem with this design. First off the seats are not far off from the edge of the car, so that shortened distance will make for less material to flex, and Intamin probably will not go with a simple box stock piece to hold that seat either. The animation (take it for what it is worth) appears to have a bit more bulk for the wing seat support. Now the speed that it will have to undergo might negate all of this, but we will see. I would line up for a wing seat at the moment! :D

Another thing according to the animation (again...take with grain of salt) is that the train will have Intamin lapbars, not OTSRs. *fingers crossed*

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster

I doubt this thing will have OTSRs it just doesn't seem like it would need them.

D1993

Hyper Poster

there are a few rides out there though that have OTSRs that dont need them. (cough cough rita, superman escape, desert race, superman efk, kingda ka). You get my point.
While this ride probably doesnt need OTSRs at all, I think its likely they'll get them anyways.

Gazza

Giga Poster

Dunno what you guys are smoking, but the animation shows the typical restraints now seen on i305, storm runner, Fahrenheit etc....Look during the POV bits of the vid at the seat on the left and you can see where the thick lap "pipe" part of the harness, seen on this restraint style, is wrapping around.

Justin, yeah you would practically need the ostr for the outside floorless seats. And yes, while OTSRs probably aren't needed, they tend to be done regardless, such as on Intimidator 305.

Posting on the go.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

How would you expect the floorless seats to be restrained?

Intricks

Strata Poster

I think these restrains will be more like the Intamin version of Raptors restraints (at least what I have gathered from this video). A lap bar is plain stupid, if you ask me, for this ride.

If they arent the Raptor style, then I see the Zac Spin restraints being used on this

Switching between the hideouts'...

Snoo

The Legend

Well.. being they sprung so much money for the animation.. I doubt that it's the exact restraints we will be seeing. But, I have no doubt in the world it's OTSR.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

I'm betting on locking system OTSRs (like Maverick and Kingda Ka)

But why would they need an OTSR if there are no inversions?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Cause....they dont want people flying off/falling out and the fact that two of these are floorless, a lap restraint would be ineffective amd mixing the two is just plain silly and odd looking.

Switching between the hideouts'...