What's new

Hershey Triple Tower - Three S&S Drop Towers for 2017

Re: Hersheypark teaser for 2017

Here's a press release for you.

LOGAN, Utah – (August 3, 2016): S&S Worldwide, Inc. is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with Hersheypark, owned and operated by Hershey Entertainment & Resorts(HE&R) of Hershey, PA, to build and install a triple tower complex, called Hershey Triple TowerTM, that will include one 12-Seat Double ShotTower (80'), one 16-Seat Double Shot Tower (131'), and one 20-Seat ComboTower (189'). Hersheypark will be the first amusement facility in the country with three towers at different heights. Each tower provides a different ride experience with varying heights, thrill levels and speeds.

S&S Worldwide, the largest U.S. manufacturer of major amusement rides and roller coasters, has been manufacturing air-launched rides since 1994. The company has installed over 450 rides and roller coasters in 30 countries, including over 160 tower rides. Gerald Ryan, Executive Director of Sales and Marketing for S&S Worldwide said, “The staggered heights and various seating configurations that Hersheypark has chosen is unique and has never been done before. We are excited about the visual impact it will have on their park and the options it will provide riders. We are very pleased to have the opportunity to work with Hersheypark and know that S&S’s proven tower technology will be a great addition to the park’s ride selection.” This triple tower project is projected to open April 2017.

Re: Hersheypark teaser for 2017

I'm torn whether to even call it theming or not (it's foul nonetheless).
I don't like how they're all lined up either, looking like a 3D bar chart.

^ As themed as any other S&S Drop Tower (outside of Universal). Which is to say - what color do you like your launch tower? :razz:

That's not themeing... It's hideous.

Everyone **** themselves this is themed well would die of happiness if they went in the PortAventura topic and saw the Ferrari ride.

It's gross, WHY? Hershey are far too fabulous for this. And it's weird considering they love Intamin?

It's defo not on a par with some of the big recent investments such as Skyrush and Fahrenheit. But they've got plenty of top draw coasters and attractions to keep people coming back without having to worry about needing a big new showstopper for a while.

Yes, it's a bit tacky, but it's a solid investment that will fill a gap (3 for 2 deals defo help), and sometimes it's better to consolidate on what you have rather than go all out and gamble big.

If only it were possible to build three large S&S towers as a large, thrilling investment...

Sky%2BCabin%2B-%2BPart%2B7%2B%25289%2529.jpg

lrg-1728-dsc00396.jpg

^Isn't the point of building three separate towers to not make the attraction feel too imposing and allow guests to choose the one best suited for them? I also believe the height requirement is less than 48" from what the park has posted - 36" for the 'Kisses' tower and 42" for the Reese's tower.

The ride is now open, and has been met with some pretty good responses. Apparently, the Hershey one has significantly more downtime than the other two.

fY7GPiqyv69s0hVB8T77QEwrzyGfrrQ9mt0Q4gBZF10.jpg

Photo from Reddit

The ride is now open, and has been met with some pretty good responses. Apparently, the Hershey one has significantly more downtime than the other two.

fY7GPiqyv69s0hVB8T77QEwrzyGfrrQ9mt0Q4gBZF10.jpg

Photo from Reddit
Well thats great to know :/ Guess it just needs to break in and the staff gotta get on it and then itll be running... hopefully...

Since no one else has cared to do so yet, heres a breif review of all three towers:
Yesterday I went to Hershey for the first time this year. After hitting up Skyrush first (as I always do), I decided to make way to the Triple Towers. I decided to go in order from shortest to tallest seeing as it was fit to do so (and the wait times reflected this as well). First was the Kisses. Great starter ride for anyone who hasn't ridden an S&S Tower before, yet has a surprising ejector and floater airtime back-to-back. Then theres the Resses, surprisingly my favorite out of the three (and made my #1 flat/non-coaster ride...). Even though its not the tallest or fastest, this thing proves that size isnt everything. If Skyrush were a drop tower, the Resses Tower is that ride, just back to back non stop ejector that Ive only experienced one time prior (Skyrush :p). Would highly recommend this one first since it also has the shortest wait times out of all the three (dont know why but thats the GP...). Lastly was the Hersheys. This one has as much floater as the Resses does ejector. Not only that, but it seems to 'sit' at the top longer waiting for the turbo drop than other ones, offering spectacular views of the park and surrounding area. My only complaint for all of these is that they make a weird loud boom durning the transitions. Not sure if its just a break-in issue or what, but it was loud enough to heard over at Storm Runner's station so... other than that theyre a great addition to Hersheys desperatly needed flat ride line up and give the skyline a bit more charm.

Since no one else has cared to do so yet, heres a breif review of all three towers:
Yesterday I went to Hershey for the first time this year. After hitting up Skyrush first (as I always do), I decided to make way to the Triple Towers. I decided to go in order from shortest to tallest seeing as it was fit to do so (and the wait times reflected this as well). First was the Kisses. Great starter ride for anyone who hasn't ridden an S&S Tower before, yet has a surprising ejector and floater airtime back-to-back. Then theres the Resses, surprisingly my favorite out of the three (and made my #1 flat/non-coaster ride...). Even though its not the tallest or fastest, this thing proves that size isnt everything. If Skyrush were a drop tower, the Resses Tower is that ride, just back to back non stop ejector that Ive only experienced one time prior (Skyrush :p). Would highly recommend this one first since it also has the shortest wait times out of all the three (dont know why but thats the GP...). Lastly was the Hersheys. This one has as much floater as the Resses does ejector. Not only that, but it seems to 'sit' at the top longer waiting for the turbo drop than other ones, offering spectacular views of the park and surrounding area. My only complaint for all of these is that they make a weird loud boom durning the transitions. Not sure if its just a break-in issue or what, but it was loud enough to heard over at Storm Runner's station so... other than that theyre a great addition to Hersheys desperatly needed flat ride line up and give the skyline a bit more charm.
A lot of S&S towers make very loud noises, due to the nature of the pneumatic launches. My favorite is the "BORSH" of the combo towers transitioning from Shot to Drop after the first Shot.