What's new

Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

fefa

Member
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

^ THANK YOU!

The turn next to it is pretty highly banked meaning it needs a lot of speed in order to avoid hang time to the left. Yet on the picture it looks like there is not that much difference in height between the turn and what the drop will be once finished considering the amount of track that is between it.
 

Lofty

Social Media Team
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

I got you, I was just making sure that's what you meant.

To avoid hang time? You HAVE seen the drop, right?
 

Lofty

Social Media Team
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

fefa said:
I have seen 2/3 of the drop mate lol
No. I was aiming at the hang time quote... due to the inverted drop, the hang time is already at a high.
 

fefa

Member
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

^If you read my post again you'll notice that the hang time was in regards to the overbanked turn - hence hangtime to the left :)
 

Jason Voorhees

Active Member
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

This might sound gay but there are 3 words to describe this coaster. So. Damn. Sexy. I need it in my life.
 
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

Clearly he meant happy...?

Maybe he meant queer. Because it is strange to be in love with some steel.
 

Snoo

The Legend
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

Douchebag also fits.
 

fefa

Member
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

Jason Voorhees said:
This might sound gay but there are 3 words to describe this coaster. So. Damn. Sexy. I need it in my life.
Has there ever been research done on whether rollercoaster are male or female? :)
 

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

I've actually given some thought to whether coasters are more masculine or feminine. I've always considered Millennium to be female, and Maverick to be male. The strange think about me is that I feel like Griffon's male but SheiKra's female, ad for some reason I see most B&M's bar SheiKra and Banshee as male, though Leviathan might be female.

I guess I just base it off of how it looks and runs. Millennium is purple and silver and has a pretty graceful layout, while, say, Volcano: The Blast Coaster looks like a big mountain with twisty girders sticking out of it ad looks really threatening and while cool, not pretty.

Theme plays a huge role in it too. While Wild Eagle runs and looks like a female coaster, I feel like those eagles are male. Same with GateKeeper. It's real and white, but those gargoyles are male, I'm sorry. And while Raptor is blue and green and runs very aggressively and roars, it's another one of few B&Ms I see as female. I don't know if it's because of the pink on the trains but I see it as momma bird.

This one I'm not sure of. The color scheme makes me want to say female but in my eyes all of the wing coasters bar Flying Over the Rainforest are male. If the trains are bat-themed as the teasers suggest than it's definitely male.

Here comes the hate for actually have thought of this before. XD Though I get so excited about coasters that people have jokes with me using the same "coastersexual" posted a few posts back. And you may see these rides differently than I do, I might be weird, I don't know. XD
 

Darren B

Active Member
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

2012Jarrett said:
I've actually given some thought to whether coasters are more masculine or feminine. I've always considered Millennium to be female, and Maverick to be male. The strange think about me is that I feel like Griffon's male but SheiKra's female, ad for some reason I see most B&M's bar SheiKra and Banshee as male, though Leviathan might be female.

I guess I just base it off of how it looks and runs. Millennium is purple and silver and has a pretty graceful layout, while, say, Volcano: The Blast Coaster looks like a big mountain with twisty girders sticking out of it ad looks really threatening and while cool, not pretty.

Theme plays a huge role in it too. While Wild Eagle runs and looks like a female coaster, I feel like those eagles are male. Same with GateKeeper. It's real and white, but those gargoyles are male, I'm sorry. And while Raptor is blue and green and runs very aggressively and roars, it's another one of few B&Ms I see as female. I don't know if it's because of the pink on the trains but I see it as momma bird.

This one I'm not sure of. The color scheme makes me want to say female but in my eyes all of the wing coasters bar Flying Over the Rainforest are male. If the trains are bat-themed as the teasers suggest than it's definitely male.

Here comes the hate for actually have thought of this before. XD Though I get so excited about coasters that people have jokes with me using the same "coastersexual" posted a few posts back. And you may see these rides differently than I do, I might be weird, I don't know. XD
You're a goon! You're not going to get hate on CF for that. You contribute to the forums more than most (including me!) and what you post is enjoyable to read and always adds to the topic, you don't just post ^This, ^That, +1, +2 etc. like our little coastersexual friend above to get your post count up (Sorry Connor, but it is a tad annoying). I think everyone on CF enjoys having you around, especially Furie ;)

Anyways back on topic; And I'm going to have a moan, I love the look of this coaster, it's fit! (Definitely female) and I can't wait to get myself on this next year but, the colour scheme, it works well, but not with 5 other coasters with exactly the same paint job sat next door, I get the fact they want it to blend in but why? You've just spent €15,000,000 on this beauty, surely you'd want to show it off?
 

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

Darren B said:
2012Jarrett said:
I've actually given some thought to whether coasters are more masculine or feminine. I've always considered Millennium to be female, and Maverick to be male. The strange think about me is that I feel like Griffon's male but SheiKra's female, ad for some reason I see most B&M's bar SheiKra and Banshee as male, though Leviathan might be female.

I guess I just base it off of how it looks and runs. Millennium is purple and silver and has a pretty graceful layout, while, say, Volcano: The Blast Coaster looks like a big mountain with twisty girders sticking out of it ad looks really threatening and while cool, not pretty.

Theme plays a huge role in it too. While Wild Eagle runs and looks like a female coaster, I feel like those eagles are male. Same with GateKeeper. It's real and white, but those gargoyles are male, I'm sorry. And while Raptor is blue and green and runs very aggressively and roars, it's another one of few B&Ms I see as female. I don't know if it's because of the pink on the trains but I see it as momma bird.

This one I'm not sure of. The color scheme makes me want to say female but in my eyes all of the wing coasters bar Flying Over the Rainforest are male. If the trains are bat-themed as the teasers suggest than it's definitely male.

Here comes the hate for actually have thought of this before. XD Though I get so excited about coasters that people have jokes with me using the same "coastersexual" posted a few posts back. And you may see these rides differently than I do, I might be weird, I don't know. XD
You're a goon! You're not going to get hate on CF for that. You contribute to the forums more than most (including me!) and what you post is enjoyable to read and always adds to the topic, you don't just post ^This, ^That, +1, +2 etc. like our little coastersexual friend above to get your post count up (Sorry Connor, but it is a tad annoying). I think everyone on CF enjoys having you around, especially Furie ;)
Aw, thanks! Smiled when I read that! I always feel like I annoy the heck out of everyone here, good to know I don't! Thanks, that made my day so much better! :)

BACK TO FALKEN/FAKTEN/WHATEVER...

Anyways back on topic; And I'm going to have a moan, I love the look of this coaster, it's fit! (Definitely female) and I can't wait to get myself on this next year but, the colour scheme, it works well, but not with 5 other coasters with exactly the same paint job sat next door, I get the fact they want it to blend in but why? You've just spent €15,000,000 on this beauty, surely you'd want to show it off?
I feel like the color scheme and run is going to look female, but the trains are a tad masculine. However, I feel like there were no other color options other than Heide Park olive green and white or Merlin black (seriously, I feel like that almost-but-not-quite-black color used on Raptor and The Swarm could be the name of a paint swatch XD) but I think it would have looked nice in dark red or blue with the theme they're going for. However, I do think it'll look nice across the lake with Big Loop and Limit and the other white coasters there. I guess my issue is the color clashing badly with the Transylvania theme of the ride. I feel like if they wanted to build a heavily-themed coaster with that color scheme, they could have selected a different theme.
 
Top