What's new

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Havin a Nice in New York n tha' - Six Flags New England, Lake Compounce & Coney Island

Just come back from spending 2 and a bit weeks in America. Fantastic time to say the least.
arw47Ml.jpg

It was quite a depressing place until you got to the beach. A nice facade to disguise the backdrop.
Uk2GbWz.jpg

The old parachute drop makes a real cool impression from the beach, can be seen all over the island.
Fxkj6jF.jpg

Thunderbolt was odd.. I really enjoyed it but have come to learn that's a controversial opinion. The restraints are a bit of a red herring, on the drop you forget the 'ostrs' are just slack seat belts, so I fully thought I was going to fall out as we went over the top.
f2xC6jb.jpg

Cyclone was really good fun. I'd recently shaved my head so I had a few shocked faces when I took my cap off to ride. It's cool seeing a 90 year old coaster run so well, and it had some proper air time to it.
hW6sm0d.jpg

New York is cool. I really like the city, there's so much to see. We went to a place called Do, where they sold cookie dough as if it was ice cream. That was really cool. We went up the freedom tower. I prefer the rockefeller; just seems a bit nicer.
nAbfF9i.jpg

Went and crashed at my uncles place for the rest of the time, and he live right near by Lake Compounce, so it'd be rude not to ride boulder dash..
X4qjtA6.jpg

Rode a lot less well then I remembered, disappointingly. Still masses of fun and craziness, but there was absolutely nill air time for me this time. I remember being absolutely thrown out of my seat 3 years ago, but they've changed the trains a fair bit and the rides been retracked I believe, and its left it an a disappointing state compared to previously. That, and I've developed a better stomach for forces now. Maybe I'm immune. That's sad
default_sad.png

ZTBsz62.jpg

xLkS6Xm.jpg

Those premier off the shelf thingies are fun.
ebNFg6L.png

Spent a couple days catching waves on a tube on a nearby lake, and entered on a quest to get diabetes.
QAC0UOK.jpg

Then, to finish off the trip, off to Six Flag New England! I've heard horror stories about these parks (having never visited a six flags), but I really liked it!
IIhaGJg.jpg

Headed straight to Wicked Cyclone. What. a. ride.
C1dN4Hp.jpg

Pandemonium was alright I guess, but we quickly skipped over this and thunderbolt and headed to the world renowned Superman!!!...... which...was... an intamin Pepsi Max Big One.

First drop, incredible. Thereafter, utterly disappointing. Done this in a vary of seating arrangements throughout the day (the same with boulder dash) and nothing changed. I was actually really disappointed by this. Very little airtime throughout the hills, especially compared to the intensity of Expedition Geforce, it's little sister!
rR4IKBd.jpg

Fed up we headed over to the Joker. One of those icky S&S 4D things (I really didn't like the look of them in all those concepts, and the fact they were just kinda thrown everywhere), which was actually a barrel of laughs. Really intense, good fun!
pPIuEJO.jpg

Mind Eraser. Now, this is an SLC with the new vekoma restraints, so I gave it a go. Regretted it instantly. Whilst the vests are extremely comfortable and prevent headbanging, I'm fairly sure the lap bar shook the nerves in my thighs so aggressively I'll suffer from some sort of muscle deterioration later in life.
wl6VdsB.jpg

Did my first floorless - Batman. It was alright, very B&My, with a super intense zero G. Other then that it was a bit meh. Only ride with bad ops throughout the whole trip. These Americans are efficient!
eheWHum.jpg

Grabbed some really expensive lunch, and then went and whored out Wicked cyclone for the rest of the day!
zItFbdL.jpg

If there's one thing I got from SFNE it's an RMC cred that I am so thankful for. Before riding this I thought the stall looked stupidly awkward, and it makes a few noises that are... unsettling, but it's probably the smoothest, best flowing ride I've ever been on, and it was so, so intense. It has a small height restriction too which made me laugh, because 4 hours after our final ride I was still having blood rushes in my legs.
R8P2p0Z.jpg

In the back row you truly get thrown over the drop, and dragged relentlessly through every inversion and air time hill. Soooo intense, so fun, and utterly ridiculous and unparalleled by any other cred I have. I absolutely fell in love with the back row. I'm already gagging to go again.
1t39x39.jpg

The upside down, side ways, inside out air time is unique, and brilliant. I urge everyone who can to get to an RMC. I am so eager and excited to try one of those big ones. They look cool.

Thanks for reading, here's a dodge ass video you can watch that I made. (pls watch at your own risk, I was a little naughty with my camera here and there..)

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-18_1-32-7.gif
    upload_2017-8-18_1-32-7.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 12
Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm curious to re-ride Boulder Dash myself, as it was a long time ago that it made such an impression on me and I'm really not sure how it'd compare these days.

Sounds like a good trip!

Lofty

CF Legend
Your video was brilliant - I really liked it.

Glad to hear you had a great time, looking forward to you creating more reviews :D

DelPiero

Strata Poster
When did the slc at NE get new vekoma restraints? I'm pretty sure they were the disgusting hard ones when I rode in 2015.
Agree on Superman/Bizarro, so overhyped.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
That video is incredibly edited! Always loved the look of Superman and its layout, my one fear was that it didn't look particularly forceful. Shame that was the case!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Cool report! You have an engaging writing style, and as said before, your video editing is fab. Sad to hear Superman was such a disappointment, but whoring Wicked Cyclone is a more than enough consolation :D

As with others, looking forward to more reviews from you!

toofpikk

Mega Poster
thank you all very much for your comments. really appreciate it. Might be heading off to PA and phanny again over the low season, might do something there :)