What's new

Have you ever 'completed' a park?

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Don't think anything like this has been done before, but what parks have you either:
-gotten significantly close to riding all of the attractions there at some point
or
-ridden ALL of the attractions there at some point?

The first park for me where I achieved 100% completion of all rides was Thorpe Park back in 2022 where I rode High Striker and Trailers: Breakout at Bozo's to complete the set, around seven years after my first visit in 2015. I would've gotten this done earlier had I came up with the idea of "completing" a park earlier, as there was a long stretch of time where my only unridden rides were Lumber Jump, Timber Tug Boat, and Angry Birds 4D. I hope to ride Ghost Train this year to maintain park completion.

I've also gotten very close to finishing off all rides in Adventure Island with the only non-kiddie rides remaining being the Adventure Inside stuff. So park complete outside of that. Unfortunately the opening of their giant wheel last year and Screature in 2021 broke that, but I haven't visited since they opened.

So what could be my next completion? I have no concrete idea. The main suspects could be Dreamland Margate when I revisit for relocated Cliffhanger, or one of the pier parks though I have little desire to return to them. Disneyland Paris and the Studios is also potential...

rob666

Hyper Poster
Every last thing at Blackpool, repeatedly.
Evidence given on the tiny kiddie train ride next to Avalanche.
Thankfully, all kiddie stuff done with mates kids.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I was initially thinking 'what a silly question, I've completed loads' but I was thinking coasters, dark rides, flat rides, water rides... I completely forgot about kids rides!!! And now I think it's a great topic. Well done to anybody who has completed multiple parks as a fully grown adult!

My only entries would be Alton Towers, American Adventure and Fantasy Island... Back in the 90's!!!! Back when I was young enough (read: small enough) to get on kiddie rides and yet tall enough for adult rides.

Last edited:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I don't ride kiddie rides, but when I was younger my grandparents took my siblings and I to opening day at Carowinds and we rode everything on offer. However, there wasn't that much available back then.
I also rode everything at Hard Rock Park. Again not much on offer (just a few kiddie rides). So I've only completed two out of the 144 of parks I've visited.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Great question, Park Astérix I think? Maybe Plopsaland but I can't remember if there were some kiddie rides that we skipped.

I've only ever gone into the Ceebeebies land area of Alton once, ever, so I've never come close to doing Alton 100%

Disneyland Paris and Hollywood Studios I've done.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Pre-2011 Flamingoland for me I think. Was still young at the time so even have ridden the go gator. Haven't been back since hero was built, more than due a revisit

redheadedRobin

Mega Poster
I think I completed Tibidabo at some point, as it's my home park and I've been visiting it yearly since I was born. I think it might have been in 2011 when I went into the haunted mansion and the Fabbri Air Diver was removed. Now the only attractions I'm missing are the ones that opened after 2015 and are targeted to children.

Despite knowing I'll ride Uncharted when it opens and have ridden everything else in the park, I know I'll never complete PortAventura as I probably will never ride Hurakan Condor. Same happens with Phantasialand, although I'm more keen on riding Mystery Castle for some reason.

I thought I had completed Gröna Lund in 2019 when Monster hadn't opened yet, but I now realize I missed all the kiddie credits and the fun house (which was a haunted house when I visited and I did not enter).

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Actually... no, I don't think I ever have completed a park, either over a lifetime and definitely not in a single visit.
I remember going to Blackpool once and going on 39 rides in one day, but I know it wasn't everything because things like Alice in Wonderland and Impossible I've only ridden for the first time in the last couple of years, and that was only because goons made me do it. Even now, there's a bunch of stuff in Nick' Land that I've never ridden.

Same with Alton Towers. I reckon I've been there well over 50 times since the 80's and there's  still things I haven't been on. Like.. Cbeebies land for example. Only been in there once to get the Octonauts cred, everything else in there can feck off.

Thinking about it, there may have been a time in the noughties when I'd effectively completed Thorpe Park, but that was before they started doing stupid, temporary IP based things like I'm A Celeb and Black Mirror mazes. Can't be arsed with all that guff.

Other than that... no, not really. 🤷‍♂️