What's new

Have You Ever Been Evacuated?!

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Never on a coaster, but I got evacuated from KBF's Bigfoot Rapids before the lift into the station and on the second lift of SFA's Skull Mountain log flume thing.

The Claw

Hyper Poster
First time I got evac-ed was on the Tower of Terror. The ride was finishing but overshot the station and went into the emergency brake run. Was a bit of a nuisence really. They all made us walk out single-file row by row and I'm pretty sure I was in the back row on that ride. Aw well.

Second time was on Superman: Escape. Was my fourth or fifth ride of that day. It got to the launch section and then it stalled. I don't think I was too bothered about this one because the queue was relatively short during that time of the day and I got to go into this really long emergency exit... It was cool, don't judge me! :p

Colossus

Giga Poster
Got stuck on the SAW ride last year on the brake run before the last inversion for about 15 minutes. theres a speaker up there and the ride op was giving it all this `jigsaw is playing a game lark` when we eventually got back round to the station they let our car and the car behind go straight round again which was sweat, the people in the front of the queue did not look impressed lol

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Could have sworn I'd posted here before.
Never on a coaster evac, but...

Got stuck upside-down on Ramases for 15 minutes once - that was not a pleasent experience - all the blood rushes to your head and it gave me a headache for the rest of the day. No passes either :-(
Also I seem to remember breaking the wild west shooty ride at Drayton on this years live/ An already annoyed looking man came to push us along the track for a while and was even more displeased when we tried to shoot his head for extra points! :roll:

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Jurassic Park River Adventure at Florida stopped at the bottom of the climb hill, and the velociraptor box above the track just kept dropping and about 4 boats were waiting behind us. Eventually the cast members came and took us out and we waked around the drop bo=uilding, seeing lots of Harry Potter props and construction on the way.

The people who guided us out said we couldn't get queue jumping asses or anything but then we went to guest services and got some :)

xkirstyx

Roller Poster
i have been evacuated of collosus at tp because someone decided it was a good idea to get a camera out but i got a free hot chocolate out of it because we were stuck on it for 15 to 20 minutes in the rain

OfficialAltonTowers

Roller Poster
Wasnt evaced but got stuck right at the end of the lift hill on Oblivion @ Alton Towers, on your back on the front row in the freezing rain while some ride operator tells you to relax and there working on the problem, got 4 free passes for any time i wanted, what made me laugh was that it was off peak and there were only about 8 people on the train, surely it wouldve beeen easyer to pull us all off than let us sit there for an hour and a half, also the people on the brake run we able to be evaced so why not me ???,

Did you know that when they hit E-Stop on Oblivion if your on the hold mechanism you dont stop lol i think it would be fun if they kept you hanging there for an hour or so.

A

Anonymous

Not as dramatic as any of your stories, but I was all strapped in and ready to go on Stealth, they waited for it to go, but it wouldn't. The staff told us it was "Charging" and would be launching soon, but it still didn't go, so after ages waiting on the ride, they made us get off the ride and made everyone leave the queue becuase it was obvious Stealth didn't want to go anywhere. It was quite an annoying experience, but we all got priority passes and I used mine to skip the 1 hour long queue on Nemesis Inferno.

ArronL94

Roller Poster
Gotta say my only evacuation was the Monorail at blackpool pleasure beach a few years back, just 1.. but theres time yet :shock: :lol:

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
i wanted this to happen to me one time and i was telling my cousin "I want the ride to break down" to bad the ride op heard me and said out loud on the microphone "you want the ride to break down?" my reply laughing is "yes" i got a a lot of booing from the other guest it was really funny. the ride was griffin and bush gardens