What's new

Great metal bird

Titan

Mega Poster
I spent 3 years away from this community, but I did a lot in that time. I did the hardest thing Ive ever had to do in my life, become a pilot. I moved to florida so I could do my flight training. I have flown all of this state and georgia too. I'm based in daytona beach, but I am close enough to see the disney fireworks during night flights! Its been hard, but its been a lot of fun.

Now Im back on CF, I thought Id share some of the sights Ive seen from my new office.

Attachments

• 103_5629.JPG
    103_5629.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 103_5615.JPG
    103_5615.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN7620.JPG
    DSCN7620.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 113
Haha, well, aluminum IS a type of metal. Although, some of our other planes are glass fiber and carbon fiber composites. Theyre the great plastic airplanes.

Some more pics!

Attachments

• DSCN7781.JPG
    DSCN7781.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN9053.JPG
    DSCN9053.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN9040.JPG
    DSCN9040.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 105
Aren't there police up there to pull you over for using your camera while flying a plane? :p

Great stuff though, I remember your... obsession :lol: with planes, but it's great that it was more than that and you've turned it into a reality and a future for yourself.

One of my childhood dreams was to learn to fly, but I went right off the boil when I found out I couldn't join the air force or become a commercial pilot. I then also realised that I don't have the concentration or patience for it :oops:

file.php

I came...

LiveForTheLaunch said:
Are you ever gonna start flying bigger planes for major companies and that? It must be amazing!

I'll be flying regional jets in about 2 years. I have one more year of college and then I'll work as an instructor for another year to gain flight time.

I absolutely love flying, its my passion, but it feels great to be back to CF again. It feels like Im coming home after a long trip.

More pics!!!

Attachments

• DSCN9186.JPG
    DSCN9186.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN9203.JPG
    DSCN9203.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN9156.JPG
    DSCN9156.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 73
Furie, how come you couldn't fly commercially?

Grace that's soo cool! Any idea what airline you eventually want to work for and all that? Aviation is an uncommon thing to take in school here and it's not offered in many places, but it seems like an awesome thing to do.

You can't fly professionally if you're colour blind, no idea why but possibly "shoot that Ruski out of the sky!", "is that the brown plane or the brown plane?" :p

furie said:
You can't fly professionally if you're colour blind, no idea why but possibly "shoot that Ruski out of the sky!", "is that the brown plane or the brown plane?" :p

That red light means the fuel is low!
What red light? I only see brown lights!

Titan, awesome that you pushed yourself to do what you really wanted to, it's fantastic that you can do something you love for a living!

Great pics too! welcome back! :)