What's new

Gröna Lund | Monster | B&M Invert | 2021

emoo

Hyper Poster
Usually as enthusiasts we only know about a coaster a year or so before it runs. Here we have something we know was an idea, hope and dream for over 11 years (they showed off an earlier plan back in 2009 so who knows how much further back it goes).

To see it finally going must be hugely exciting and a massive relief for those involved. And it sure does look cool, hope they are proud. I'm excited.

🎼Overground, underground the Monster is free. The Monster of Gröna Lund, quirky is thee. Making good use of terrain that we find. Things that everyday folks would resign. 🎶

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
haven't been on this forum much have you
giphy.gif

toofpikk

Mega Poster
kindly request to the mods that from this point onwards, @Pear is to refrain from posting on the forum in it's entirety aside from 'looks slow' comments, but these are allowed anywhere without context.

Wanna see a 'looks slow' on a picture of a mountain in the photography thread.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
kindly request to the mods that from this point onwards, @Pear is to refrain from posting on the forum in it's entirety aside from 'looks slow' comments, but these are allowed anywhere without context.

Wanna see a 'looks slow' on a picture of a mountain in the photography thread.
@Pear has been given full warning; substantive content will not be tolerated.

Ries

Mega Poster
It was dark, it was cold and the only cycled the train once... but here is something to lay your eyes on.

Perfect!
This is going to be an awesome coaster. Even in slow-motion it looks fast.
That figure 8 element, I just now noticed. That looks fun.

I honestly don't even care how it rides, I just love the design of the thing.
And this. The design part.

SwedishCoasterFan

Roller Poster
I can't provide any links but Gröna Lund put some new testing footage and some footage from inside off the station up on their Instagram story.

They also mentioned that a POV is coming soon

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Fully obsessed with the wheel-cover design. Man, what a killer combo: lime green and black!
I second that, it's exactly what I hoped they'd do with them and more. Black and green trains with the track and support colours are just gorgeous.

Also that first drop in the back row. ❤️

Last edited:

opivy028

Mega Poster
This ride may not necessarily fit the bill for being one of the “best” coasters in the world, but it’s certainly one of the coolest in my book for the engineering feat of it all, and they managed to make it a v thrilling and fun layout from the looks of things.

Rupert

Mega Poster
Sometimes I forget just how much the trains must weigh - it has much more speed at the bottom of the first drop than I was expecting and it looks fantastic. To go from that drop (as Crash says with the back row whipping out) to the zero-g roll over the buildings will be amazing.

I also completely agree that the train colour scheme is ace, though it does make me wish the supports were in a better colour than the pretty drab tan they chose.