What's new

Gröna Lund | Monster | B&M Invert | 2021

FABH

Roller Poster
We have to remember that Parks & Resorts Scandinavia, the owners of Gröna Lund are huge Vekoma fans. Most coasters they have added in the last couple of years have been from Vekoma. Fireball at Furuviksparken and Wildfire at Kolmården. They also have more Vekoma coasters than coasters from any other manufacturer.

Well, that is kind of an overstatement. They have tre Vekomas in their four parks: One at Furuvik, one at Gröna Lund and one at Kolmården. They also have three from Zierer and two from Schwarzkopf (one is actually made by Zierer – making it four). And one from almost every other manufacturer – Intamin, B&M, Zamperla, Gravity Group, RMC, Gerstlauer, S&S, Mack and Maurer.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Well, that is kind of an overstatement. They have tre four Vekomas in their four parks: One at Furuvik, one at Gröna Lund and one at Kolmården.

Wildfire came fron Vekoma but wasnt mady by Vekoma. Vekoma sold it to them. Since getting Twister in 2011 the only two "major" coasters they have been getting are from Vekoma. If you can call a junior boomerang a major coaster. It would have been cool if they got a Zierer tower launched coaster but sadly they dont seem to have the space.

FABH

Roller Poster
Wildfire came fron Vekoma but wasnt mady by Vekoma. Vekoma sold it to them. Since getting Twister in 2011 the only two "major" coasters they have been getting are from Vekoma. If you can call a junior boomerang a major coaster. It would have been cool if they got a Zierer tower launched coaster but sadly they dont seem to have the space.

Wildfire is not a vekoma, it is an RMC. It is designed by RMCs designer, it is built by RMC and uses their track design. Just because Vekoma made some parts and are sales-representative in Europe and Asia does not make it a Vekoma. If you want a Vekoma wood coaster – just go to Norway...

The only two major coasters Parks and Resorts have acquired this decade is one RMC and one B&M.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Wildfire is not a vekoma, it is an RMC. It is designed by RMCs designer, it is built by RMC and uses their track design. Just because Vekoma made some parts and are sales-representative in Europe and Asia does not make it a Vekoma. If you want a Vekoma wood coaster – just go to Norway...

The only two major coasters Parks and Resorts have acquired this decade is one RMC and one B&M.

Mate, I never said that Wildfire is an Vekoma. It isn't. Wildfire was sold by Vekoma reps which might mean that Parks & Resorts have a good relationship with Vekoma sales reps. This would make it more likely that they would have gotten an STC for Gröna Lund if one existed at the time. Rather then getting a coaster from a manufacturer and sales rep they have never worked with before. When doing deals relationships are very important.

Edit: Wildfire is an RMC not a Vekoma. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Anyone who says Wildfire isn't an RMC is quite frankly idiotic... It's an RMC, with Vekoma doing the ride system and the sales. RMC designed it, manufactured the track, structure and trains, so for all intensive purposes it is an RMC with a little assistance from Vekoma.

Christian

Hyper Poster
So, just that I completely understand you right. You claim that Wildfire is a Vekoma and not an RMC? (Based on the fact that they are sales reps.)

Sorry about that. Of course it's an RMC. Don't know were my mind was. It's an RMC sold by Vekoma but still a full RMC. Even a tad bit improved over most RMCs with a quieter lift hill but still an RMC, very much RMC.

Anyone who says Wildfire isn't an RMC is an idiot.. It's an RMC, with Vekoma doing the ride system and the sales. RMC designed it, manufactured the track, structure and trains, so for all intensive purposes it is an RMC with a little assistance from Vekoma.

No, i'm not an idiot. And I don't like that you're calling me one.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Sorry about that. Of course it's an RMC. Don't know were my mind was. It's an RMC sold by Vekoma but still a full RMC. Even a tad bit improved over most RMCs with a quieter lift hill but still an RMC, very much RMC.

No, i'm not an idiot.
I mean it's clear it was a genuine mistake based on this post. But you can't really say Wildfire isn't an RMC, because that's a factually incorrect statement and comes across as idiotic imo.

FABH

Roller Poster

Kind of figured you temporary greyed out or had a really bad case of autocorrect :- ) Have a nice day!

jakesonaplane

Roller Poster
We have to remember that Parks & Resorts Scandinavia, the owners of Gröna Lund are huge Vekoma fans. Most coasters they have added in the last couple of years have been from Vekoma. Fireball at Furuviksparken and Wildfire at Kolmården. They also have more Vekoma coasters than coasters from any other manufacturer.

Had a chat with one of the managers at Kolmården who said that the guy in charge of ride acquisitions is a huge coaster enthusiast with hundreds of credits (forgot his name) and that the company regularly sends it's managers to Orlando/Tampa to try out rides. So Monster might have been inspired by Montu and Dragon Challenge. He said that they made the decision to get Ikaros after riding Falcon's Fury at BGT. The manager I talked to also said he was very impressed by Mako, so let's hope that Sweden will soon be getting it's first hyper!

I've spoken to the owner myself (in 2016). They were really impressed by riding Banshee, which led to Monster.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Had a chat with one of the managers at Kolmården who said that the guy in charge of ride acquisitions is a huge coaster enthusiast with hundreds of credits (forgot his name) and that the company regularly sends it's managers to Orlando/Tampa to try out rides. So Monster might have been inspired by Montu and Dragon Challenge. He said that they made the decision to get Ikaros after riding Falcon's Fury at BGT.
Peter Osbeck. A theme park hero of mine who I’ve been lucky to meet on a couple of occasions. Funnily enough, when this coaster was announced, I dropped him an email and he called me to tell me more. He’s such a smashing bloke and a mega enthusiast - at IAAPA last year (or may have been year before), he pulled his phone from his pocket and showed me and ECG images of this being built. He’s so incredibly humble and doesn’t get enough good praise like some others. Hero!

Goes without saying how much I’m looking forward to riding this. I’m going to get a I ❤️ Peter Osbeck t-shirt made for when I do.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
With a slightly modified first section (drop and Immelmann particularly, zero-g would probably be fine), I almost think this would be better as a flyer.

I love it, but it feels odd.