What's new

Goliath leaving SFNE

Skyye

Mega Poster
Wherever it gets moved to, I hope it gets vekoma trains and whatever treatment Silverwood did to Aftershock to get it to be reliable

Indy

Hyper Poster
I'm not going to bet against it, but I'd honestly be shocked if the ride went to Frontier City or any other SF property. The purpose of removing the ride is to reduce maintenance costs. Moving it to another SF property isn't eliminating the maintenance cost. It is simply sweeping it under a different rug, while also paying a lot of money to have it swept under a different rug.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
I'm not going to bet against it, but I'd honestly be shocked if the ride went to Frontier City or any other SF property. The purpose of removing the ride is to reduce maintenance costs. Moving it to another SF property isn't eliminating the maintenance cost. It is simply sweeping it under a different rug, while also paying a lot of money to have it swept under a different rug.
Damn thats a good point. Why remove something thats been a problem (that they caused) and keep it around.

Skyye

Mega Poster
What park would buy this though? considering the fact that it had horrendous down time and such. The only chain I could see buying it is Cedar Fair in order to send it to a small park like Michigans Adventure?

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
What park would buy this though? considering the fact that it had horrendous down time and such. The only chain I could see buying it is Cedar Fair in order to send it to a small park like Michigans Adventure?
Ill bring it up again. How come Silverwood, an independent park, run their GiB better then Six Flags?

They didn't add a new train that wasn't by Vekoma, and they had Vekoma come in to make sure everything was right.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Ill bring it up again. How come Silverwood, an independent park, run their GiB better then Six Flags?

They didn't add a new train that wasn't by Vekoma, and they had Vekoma come in to make sure everything was right.

I believe it truly comes down to to a few things. First, a GIB at a park like Silverwood is the premier attraction. They have more motivation to keep it running, as opposed to SFNE where it is arguably the third most attractive ride behind Superman and Twisted Colossus.

Second, Six Flags is a publicly traded company. There will be a lot more bureaucracy than a small regional or family-owned park. Publicly traded companies have strict budgets to follow, board members to answer to, and shareholders to please. Family-owned parks don't. They can potentially afford to spare the extra resources to maintain a ride that is, for them, a marquee attraction.

Last edited:

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Just depends on cost and return I would imagine. The ride was overshadowed by other coasters and so not a big draw to the park, making maintenance costs not worth it. Somewhere like Frontier City, this will be the signature ride and high maintenance costs would potentially be far more justifiable even if the funds are coming from the same company.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Alright so I reached out to the person who told me about Goliath possible going to Lake Winnie. I was told they have no new updates, and have no idea where the ride is going, just that it was sold. Heres the bullet points.​
SFNE reached out to just about every park that could afford it besides Cedar Fair and most Six Flags parks (more on that)
Frontier City and The Great Escape both were allowed to come in and take a look
Silverwood was also interested at possibly buying it for parts, but did not bite
Lake Winnie and The Great Escape were the leaders for it last they heard.
Frontier City was possibly going to ask SF Corporate for it outright, without having to pay
and this is a stinger for me, but before September, Alabama Adventure was going to be the park to get Goliath, and papers were about to be signed, but the park backed out at the last second for Winnies wild mouse.​
This is still just rumor, but this person has been right on stuff before. So still wait and see.​

jay37415

Mega Poster
I happened to be on that side of town today and took a ride around Lake Winnie. Did not see any signs of this thing there or any extra construction going on.