What's new

Golden Ticket Awards 2019 Winners

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Ugh.

I know they are notoriously slow to recognize new rides, but I really thought just maybe there’d be an exception this year and Steel Vengeance would shoot to the top more quickly, if only because there hasn’t been such consensus about a new number one in the coaster community since 2000.

But for me the Golden Ticket Awards are epitomized by Apollo’s Chariot *still* being in the top ten. I enjoy that coaster but there’s absolutely no excuse for its current placement other than lazy voters reusing outdated ballot rankings.

And, as other have said, Untamed being barely recognized is a joke.

And I’ve been to Wildwood Grove. It’s quite nice — dearly in need of more shade in the day, but it’s nice enough. But it doesn’t hold a candle to something like the Fairytale Forest at Efteling.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
What about no Eejanaika, DC Rivals, Untamed, Icon etc, but we do have utter nonsense like Yukon Striker, Cheetah Hunt and ...............Whizzer?

(Feel free to start the list of rides not to make the Out of touch ticket award's Top 50 Roller coaster list).
I mean yes. My comment was specifically directed at RMCs, and finding interest in how that specific make of coaster was ranked.