What's new

Golden Horse Opens Inverting Spinning Coaster

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Considering the universal joy and celebration of the Time Traveler reveal and everyone's love of spinning coasters this should go down a treat :p

Golden Horse has been doing alright recently. Pushing out their own track system and finally starting to produce some interesting layouts of their own.
Their latest interesting effort is a model of spinning coaster with a barrel roll. And you know what? I think it looks alright.
Universalcity4.jpeg
Superspin1.JPG

The first one has opened at Universal City in Chongqing, China. The ride is amusingly called Stunning Roller Coaster. The trains also look remarkably similar (although there are several differences) to the Intamin cars on Tornado at Bakken.
Universalcity1.jpeg
a3e0bb89ly1fjnuk9novaj20zk0qodov.jpg
Oddly the same park already has a BJA Crazy Skateboard spinning coaster. The park literally has 2 roller coasters and they both spin. Although a Inverted Coaster is also due to open next year.
8961a91bly1fjzk1zsibkj20zk0qowl0.jpg
In other news a second version of this coaster will also open at Shantou Children's Park next year.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Considering the universal joy and celebration of the Time Traveler reveal and everyone's love of spinning coasters this should go down a treat
To be fair, I think that was more because we had hoped for something more exciting from SDC (referencing the multiple slow laumches), not so much the concept of an inverting spinning coaster.

Looks like an interesting ride, to be honest. Depending on the quality, it could be a nice alternative to the wild mice spinners.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Fabulous. I'm going to Chongqing at the end of month for the new Happy Valley park. I didn't know this park was open yet, so the fact that it is, along with this "surprise" 2nd cred is great.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Can we hope for the first inverted spinning coaster ?

I could swear one of those exists already... but an RCDB search only turns up this, which has Inverted cars with a guided spin. I seem to recall an inverted Wild Mouse-type ride, with spinning cars where the seats are arranged in an X fashion. Might it have been an RCT ride type?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I could swear one of those exists already... but an RCDB search only turns up this, which has Inverted cars with a guided spin. I seem to recall an inverted Wild Mouse-type ride, with spinning cars where the seats are arranged in an X fashion. Might it have been an RCT ride type?
Skyrider at Skyline Park? It's a spinning batflyer.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Death trap.

Anyway, didn't Sega park in Japan get a Gerst spinning coaster with a barrel roll a few years ago?

Sneaky

Roller Poster
The cars on this coaster do indeed look familiar, as roomraider pointed out.

I think it'll be interesting to see how this turns out. :)