What's new

Go BIG! No Limits 2 Competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Well, with this extension of the deadline I'm definitely in! Well, I have cool name for the ride, half of the layout done (I think) and some terrain concepts. Not sure how it will turn out though, as I only can use my tablet and it's small screen and low performance makes a bit difficult if transitions are right. Btw, I'm using FVD++. Since the rules didn't stated it wasn't allowed I guess it's fine, isn't it?

Oh, and another thing regarding the rules... I hope nobody will use a parking lot as coaster surroundings. C'mon, we all are better than Six Flags ;)

Edit: over 7000 feet long including transfer and storage or not?

Edit2: when can we put the ride up for download? When deadline is over? When voting is over?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Tom, do you have judges for this one?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Likewise, I'll come in as a judge if you're still in need of people.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just sent you my track Tom. This was a good round! :D

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Thank you sir, I did receive that. Also I'd appreciate if you judge this round, and Jer had already agreed to judge so we will have all three judges. I'd like a rotating set of judges for variety so anyone interested in future judging let me know.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Alternatively Tom, I could swap to judging the next round? That way we keep the consistency of two judges, and you only have to find one other for the next one.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
^Sounds good. Dapalm and Jer will stay the judges for this round, with Hixee and GuywithaStick taking over for the next round.

FOUR DAYS LEFT AND I HAVE ONLY RECEIVED TWO ENTRIES!!!

PLEASE let me know if you need more time, I know this is a very intense challenge, and would like to get as many in as possible!!!

Dapalm

Mega Poster
I should be done by friday so no extended time for me. Only two, it surprises me seeing how many people entered in the first round (with less time to buy), but we're still on time.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The scale of this is much larger, plus more people are busy with school/travel/work but we will adjust accordingly in the future.

Dapalm

Mega Poster
One quick question:

Can I rotate/mirror the borders? The coaster fits fine in them, but it's mirrored. I could mirror the coaster, but I would have to redo all the terrain.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
How on earth did you manage that? :p

Dapalm

Mega Poster
I turned the wrong way while building the track. I could have mirrored the coaster, but didn't realize after I had modeled all the terrain, which sadly can't be rotated.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I don't know if I can finish. I still have a ton of supports to do, and I have a few tests coming up in School. If I do send in my coaster, it may or may not have full supports. I don't really care if you deduct points or not. It's a competition. Just wanted to throw that out there.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
If you make at least some effort on supports that's fine, you don't need to do all custom if it would prevent you from entering, that's counter productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.