What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Lewis

Hyper Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
Were you able to sell the tix? How was the show? The kid & I are going to see them in September. :--D

Apologies for my late reply, but yes, I did sell them (thank god!). Foos were incredible, Dave Grohl is certainly an excellent frontman and all round nice guy, plus he's pretty damn good at playing music! Setlist was just insane, and it all ended off with fireworks, such a good day! Biffy were great too, wasn't impressed by Tame Impala or Death Cab for Cutie.

Also, the journey home was a nightmare, it took 7 hours to get from Milton Keynes to Southampton (a journey that should take 3 hours tops >.>)

Will

Strata Poster
Kebab said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4ids4rOegI[/youtube]
... I've only just seen this, because I'm a bit rubbish, but WHY would you remind me that Dominici was ever allowed near Metropolis!? :( JP looks so YOUNG there as well!
That aside, I saw them in Leeds & Wolverhampton which was an awesome couple of nights, loved the setlist picking at least one track from every album, though it'd have been nice not to have the same songs both nights - Caught In A Web and Fatal Tragedy were definite highlights, and The Count always goes down a storm <3
As for the new drummer... yeah, he's very good and I can't wait for the new album (hence... sig/av!) but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't missed Portnoy a lot.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Saw Lee Evans in September on his Road Runner tour. Really, really funny as expected, and he done his Bohemian Rhapsody gag at the end which was just perfect! :p

I also saw Dream Theater earlier this year at Wolverhampton, as Will mentioned (did you go there this year? I thought I saw you?). Simply the best gig I've ever been to, absolutely flawless band to watch, and full of epic! Seriously this is how epic that gig was:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8MwfzrgvlA[/youtube]

Absolutely incredible!

I also went to see Manchester Orchestra a couple of weeks a go, great gig, good fun!

And I'm off to see Enter Shikari tomorrow for some more gig fun! :)

peep

CF Legend
Saw Chase and Status on Friday night at the Brixton academy. It was sold out but I've just never seen so many people crammed into the academy before, was mental. The atmosphere was just plain epic and they were just awesome, a great energetic set with several guest appearances. I reckon it was because they were filming it. Shame Plan B didn't turn up, would have been the only way it would have been any better, was just epic.

Next gig: Rammstein in Feb.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Enter Shikari was a rough gig! I come back with 5 bruises and 2 scratches, and I never get involved with the mosh pits. The crowd tipping was past a joke. Great fun live though! :)

I met and talked to Jason out of LetLive too, he's a cracking guy and the band is fantastic! Your Demise was the second support band, they were a pretentious metalcore act, and the constant mosh pit commandments every two minutes got really annoying. Enter Shikari were good per usual, they went over the top with the lighting which was incredible (I felt more like I was in a rave), the atmosphere was also really exciting.

Just a generally good gig. Heres a random video of the night:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bWeilqZ4CY[/youtube]

You can really see how intense the light effects are here.

Will

Strata Poster
Kebab said:
I also saw Dream Theater earlier this year at Wolverhampton, as Will mentioned (did you go there this year? I thought I saw you?). Simply the best gig I've ever been to, absolutely flawless band to watch, and full of epic! Seriously this is how epic that gig was:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8MwfzrgvlA[/youtube]

Absolutely incredible!
Still get the shivers 13 minutes into that... Yeah, I wouldn't miss one of their UK gigs :p But you possibly didn't see me, as I was stuck in seating for that one - my 4th time seeing the Count played in full, but I thought Caught In A Web, Fatal Tragedy and Metropolis (though WHY YOU NO PLAY LEARNING TO LIVE!) had the edge on it on this tour, James' voice finally back to its former glory :)
They're playing Manchester and London early next year - tickets a frankly obscene £50, but I know it's going to have to happen, if only for Breaking All Illusions!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4387FiS5ck[/youtube]

herbinator

Mega Poster
Got a few shows lined up now, asking alexandria in january, we came as romans and alesana with (unfortunately) iwrestledabearonce and glamour of the kill in feb. Got a while to wait but i'm already excited. :)

Possibly madina lake in 2 weeks too!

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'm going to K! Relentless tour next February, for a completely worthless 20 quid. Sum 41 and New Found Glory are utter-tack, I'm only going for the fab LetLive. Even if they're on for just 30 minutes, they're just a joy to watch live <3

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I've got a ticket and will be joining some of my Manchester friends to see the Stone Roses reunion next June. One way or another, I suspect the Heaton Park gigs will go down in history, either for being absolutely amazing or utterly ****. I just hope its the former.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
MouseAT said:
I've got a ticket and will be joining some of my Manchester friends to see the Stone Roses reunion next June. One way or another, I suspect the Heaton Park gigs will go down in history, either for being absolutely amazing or utterly ****. I just hope its the former.

I tried to get tickets and failed miserably so I'm holding out for the world tour. Have you heard Ian Brown's solo stuff. "Music of the spheres" is a good album. Anyway I'm going to see Carl Barat at the Electric Ballroom in Camden on Nov 11th

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
danielfitzgerald99 said:
Have you heard Ian Brown's solo stuff.
Yes I have, and I do like what I've heard of his solo stuff. I've also heard that his live performances can be somewhat variable. "Like a man shouting into a bucket" is a description I seem to remember hearing somewhere. I just hope he's on good form next year.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Saw Laura Marling in Liverpool Anglican Cathedral. If anyones been to that cathedral it's an epic building, making it one of the most stunning gigs I've been to. She was brilliant as usual with a power over the audience that creates a silence like no other.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxOBGIqaMcA&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
bob_3_ said:
Saw Laura Marling in Liverpool Anglican Cathedral. If anyones been to that cathedral it's an epic building, making it one of the most stunning gigs I've been to. She was brilliant as usual with a power over the audience that creates a silence like no other.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxOBGIqaMcA&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Laura Marling is fantastic. In the same vein as Mumford & Sons. I'm loving the Nu-Folk thing that's been going on for the past couple of years.

peep

CF Legend
^Jealous. I was going to go to Heidenfest last month but couldn't find anyone else to go. It would have meant epic Alestorm times too :( Have fun!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^Good luck with that; they're there on Wednesday.

Anyway, Tori Amos on Friday was amazing. She's been one of my favourite singers since I was about 13, and she still blows me away.

She did about 25 songs, with a really good mix of stuff from the new album with plenty of older songs as well, including three of my favourites: Precious Things, Spark and Siren.

Love her.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I was told they were there on the 11th which is a Friday but did just check and you're correct. Still should be going though.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Double post but Turisas last night were epic.I agree with anyone who says Central station is tiny. It is. I managed to survive standing right at the front and the pit wasn't violent at all. The total opposite than I was expecting. Both support bands weren't that good but decent. As soon as Turisas came on, everyone went mad but I survived without getting hurt.

Favourite Songs: They did everything brilliantly but my two favourites had to be Rasputin and Battle Metal. Both were done really well.

No photos as I didn't have my phone on me.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Good!

I swear 90% of people at gigs/concerts these days really don't appreciate them as they're too busy watching them through a **** ing 3" screen.