What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
The Gaslight Anthem are back in Feb. I got "The 59 Sound" the day it was released over here back in August. I have wanted too see them but my gig schedule has been hectic of late.

A nice 2 month cill period and then this is do-able. I would love to see them because they have a really old time feel to them and are catchy as hell.

Check them out if you haven't yet.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
^I've just really got into them, and they're great! I usually like much heavier music then that, but I just think they're brilliabnt. Easy getting tickets for their March date in Nottingham :D

Well gutted I missed Slipknot. Wanted to go so much but it just couldn't happen. To be honest though, I'd be a bit gutted with that set list. A lot of my favourite songs, especially from IOWA, missed out.

Nic

Strata Poster
I'm going to see Blur next year! Hurrah! I was utterly obsessed with them as a teenager, so I'm more than a bit excited about this! I was at this last 4-piece gig at the RFH which was one of the most memorable moments of my life so far. I then went to quite a few of the 3-piece gigs, which were a bit disappointing. Hopefully this is going to be as amazing as I hope! :D SQUEE!

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
It's not official but Avenged Sevenfold might be back in Feb/March for a UK tour. Zacky made an official statement in an interview with TG magazine. I want to see them headline because I feel they didn't get to use their full potential at Iron Maiden.

A year ago I would have scoffed at seeing them but my tastes have changed and they are so darn catchy.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^I would really recommend seeing Avenged Sevenfold, they put on an excellent set when i saw them in Feb this year.

I got tickets to see Architects in January yay =] Haven't seen a band in agessss.

Aerith

Mega Poster
Iv been to Glamour of the kill and Bullet for my valentine.( i was meant to go to Slipknot but was to ill :()

Bullet For My Valentine 15th Novemver at Alexandra Palace -

1 word amazing, the support bands were not amazing ( aka lawnmower death and bleeding through sucked!) but black tide and lacuna coil were rather good support bands.

When bullet came on, just wow with how they opened, they opened with scream aim and fire, the effects throughout the gig were amazing, and the heat from the effects, just extremeness!

They closed with the song forever and always which i absoulutley adore =] not to mention the whole concert was being filmed for their live dvd :D.
awww wow was just an awesome gig!

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I saw them on the 1st date of the "Scream, Aim, Fire" tour at the Brighton Dome in Feb. They were really good but both support bands out did them? That is where they screwed up. Don't pick bands that upstage you.

Matt

Roller Poster
danielfitzgerald99 said:
It's not official but Avenged Sevenfold might be back in Feb/March for a UK tour. Zacky made an official statement in an interview with TG magazine. I want to see them headline because I feel they didn't get to use their full potential at Iron Maiden.

It's not happening so don't get your hopes up :p

I got free tickets to the Kerrang tour again, apart from me really really hating bmth, it should be a laugh. Also going to try to get to as many of the Rise Against dates as possible in february/march (Portsmouth, Oxford and of course London should all be possible)

Got a ticket to Reading '09 for christmas aswell so gig wise 2009 is looking good already (y)

Lain

Giga Poster
danielfitzgerald99 said:
I saw them on the 1st date of the "Scream, Aim, Fire" tour at the Brighton Dome in Feb. They were really good but both support bands out did them? That is where they screwed up. Don't pick bands that upstage you.

Also, don't pick really, really ****e ones.

*Looks at Iron Maiden*

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Oh come on, Trivium ain't totaly ****e!**

Plus we got Dream Theater one year IIRC.

** They are infact, total ****e.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I finally got to see James play in Manchester on the 20th. Damn, those guys really were great. Loads of great music, some really eclectic music, and Tim Booth dancing like a mad man on stage.

Seriously, if there's anyone here who has any interest in the band, even if it's only their best known stuff from the mid 90s (such as Sit Down or Laid), I strongly recommend checking them out live. I'm certainly eagerly awaiting their next tour, whenever it may be.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
MouseAT said:
I finally got to see James play in Manchester on the 20th. Damn, those guys really were great. Loads of great music, some really eclectic music, and Tim Booth dancing like a mad man on stage.

Seriously, if there's anyone here who has any interest in the band, even if it's only their best known stuff from the mid 90s (such as Sit Down or Laid), I strongly recommend checking them out live. I'm certainly eagerly awaiting their next tour, whenever it may be.

I know their old guitar player Adrian. Ha, he is a music teacher at my college.

Matt

Roller Poster
Went to the last night at the Astoria yesterday. Was pretty sad all round (especially as no big band stepped forward to headline the night - but the 14 bands that did play all played like they REALLY wanted to be there so it was still a great night)
n665522549_1288071_6678.jpg

Been to some ****ing good gigs there, highlights being Airbourne recently, Rise Against, Linkin Park, Sum 41 and the Lostprophets (waaay back in the day). And probably loads more I can't remember right now.

Just thought I'd post it here as opposed to the bad news topic as any London gig-goer that'd give a **** probably posts here :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
Ah, the Astoria, you shall be sorely missed :cry:

I'm going to see The Architects at the Astoria2 on 30th January and Protest the Hero at the Camden Underworld sometime in Feb which I forget.

Gunna be sweet =]

Matt

Roller Poster
I'm going to see The Architects at the Astoria2 on 30th January

Astoria2 died with the Astoria, its now at the Islington Academy. Just so you don't turn up at a sad looking rubble site wondering where the Architects are.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Yh after posting that I remember we got a phonecall saying the venue had changed. Thank God I'm going with other people I'd so have turned up there wondering what the hell had happened haha.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I just booked tickets to go and see Reel Big Fish at Manchester Academy next month. That means two nights of clubbing in Manchester, then the gig the following night, after which I drop dead of exhaustion.

Tickets were pretty cheap too - £20 including booking fee and delivery.