What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Lain

Giga Poster
Iron Maiden were f*cking excellent, and so that's a good thing, but there were a couple of other things that let the day down.

Firstly, the amount of bottle/plastic cup/other shít that was being thrown around between the acts was ridiculous. I didn't pay £60 to be hit in the head with a few bottles and have a tenner's worth of booze spilled all over me. Some of the bottle throwers were real twats as well. There was one instance where a little kid a short way in front of me was sitting on his dad's shoulders to take a picture, and people were throwing bottles at him! Madness.

The other thing that bothered me was Avenged Sevenfold. When you go see a Maiden show in the UK, it's a given that there will be a some shítty, 'popular alternative' band as support. These guys were no exception. They were frequently out of time, the guitarist frequently fluffed up the solos, they looked like dickheads and were really unproffesional.

I didn't see exactly what happened towards the end of their set, because I was almost bored into a coma by this point, but I think someone threw something on stage which hit/nearly hit the singer. The singer then proceeded to throw a strop and moan at security to get the guy who did it. Then the rest of the band stopped playing, and they left the stage.

Now, this sort of thing is inevitable at a show like this, and it really appalled me that the band would cry and take their ball home when something didn't go their way - it's just really unprofessional. Having said that, I'm glad they did take their ball home, because they were really f*cking shít.

Up the Irons!

Matt

Roller Poster
Lain said:
I didn't see exactly what happened towards the end of their set, because I was almost bored into a coma by this point, but I think someone threw something on stage which hit/nearly hit the singer. The singer then proceeded to throw a strop and moan at security to get the guy who did it. Then the rest of the band stopped playing, and they left the stage.

To be fair to Avenged, this isn't true. What actually happened is a girl fell down at the front and a drunk guy fell on her and they sort of stopped to tell security, but as they were halfway during their last song and it had been interrupted just didn't bother to restart it and left.

Agreed about the beer throwing, but unfortunately I don't think I've been to a stadium show or festival where that hasn't been happening all the time. [and who the hell throws beer when it costs £3.50 a pint! Madness]

Maiden were fucking awesome though!

Harvey

Hyper Poster
I was sat directly facing the stage at Twickers, which was fine enough for me, and it was the best show I've seen Maiden do, also the seventh (son of a seventh son YEAAAAAH) time I've seen them play, and I doubt even Gothenburg Ullevi in a few weeks will match that, it was a ****ing brilliant show.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Saturday was excellent. I don't know why people are moaning about the bottles. It was really fun. Some people on the left started it so we on the right retaliated. I got hit in the face like 10 times but it was still funny. What was epic was when someone lobbed a loaf of bread and then a KFC.

Right so onto the show. I got right near the front. Within Temptation were much better than I had expected. She has a real voice on her and I wouldn't object to seeing them again.

A7X were pretty good but I had expected better. I used to hate them but in the last 3 months got into them quite a bit. They opened with Critical Acclaim then played loads of other stuff. Can't remember the order but I head Almost Easy, Bat Country, Beast & The Harlot, Gunslinger, Scream and for some reason A Little Piece Of Heaven. I think there were other songs as well and they closed with Unholy Confessions but stopped halfway through because someone had fallen over, fair play but I wish they had played the rest of it because the riff at the end is cool.

I ran into the mosh in Bat Country but got shoved and slipped on the beer that was on the floor and fell flat on my back. Luckily I got helped up so no harm done!

Right Maiden. They were superb and blatently stole the night. Started naturally with Churchhill's speach. "We shall never surrender" etc. Then the stage set was revealed and it looked phenomal. I think they opened with Aces High.
Like A7X, I can't rember all the songs but I remember 2 Minutes To Midnight, The Trooper (Brilliant), Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Run To The Hills, Fear Of The Dark (Brilliant) Number Of The Beast (****ING EXCELLENT).

The Encore was Moonchild which is one of my favourites, Another one I can't remeber and Hallowed Be Thy Name. All in all it was brilliant and Bruce just had the crowd in the palm of his hand all night. Impressive stage show with huge pyrotechnics and fireworks.

Up the Irons and I will defo see them next time.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Like A7X, I can't rember all the songs but I remember

Aces High (With Churchills Speech audio introduction)
2 Minutes To Midnight
Revelations
The Trooper
Wasted Years
The Number Of The Beast
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Heaven Can Wait
Run To The Hills
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

-------------

Moonchild
The Clairvoyant
Hallowed Be Thy Name

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
^ That sounds more or less right.

I order my ticket for the Unholy Alliance yesterday and it cost nearly £40.

It is worth it for Slayer, I just wish they had better support. I think it is Ammon Amrmath, Trivium and Mastadon.

I have never heard the 1st one, Trivium are terrible, they have like 2 good songs and Mastadon are ok but not that intresting.

I wanted MH or LOG. At least BFMV or something.

Matt

Roller Poster
Just been called by XFM to be told that i've won 2 tickets to see Feeder tomorrow night at KOKO for the iTunes festival!

Yay!

Matt

Roller Poster
Feeder were awesome last Saturday. Got another call when I was on the bus to Kingston, from XFM again, informing me i'd won tickets to Pendulum on Monday.

Result! - I reckon I'm the only person that enters these competitions :p

Karen

Hyper Poster
The bottle throwing at gigs/festivals isn't too bad when it's liquid (though when it's yellow it's not pleasant!). It's when they put stones in them and throw them, that's when it gets out of hand. I saw this one year at Donnington. there were a few bods with blood running down their faces.

Katie says "Iron Maiden were excellent. Chaz got chewing gum thrown in his hair so he had to bite it out, hair included! My grandad seemed to enjoy it too."

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Maiden in Gothenburg - What a show, excellent once again, even if I did get totally crushed as they over subscribed the tickets by a few thousand.

Same set list as Twickenham, ran much later into the evening though as they don't have as heavy a curfew on the stadium. No Within Temptation though, which was a shame.

Maiden forever!

trav

Mega Poster
Just got tickets for Funeral For A Friend in October at Leeds Uni. Should be pretty decent hopefully.

marc

CF Legend
We saw Kylie last night and I have to say it was probably the worst concert I have ever seen.

The play list was poor and the whole concert was just very slow far to start stop all the was through.

I enjoyed about 20 minutes of it :(