What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
True, but for an afternoons entertainment, £52 is fecking expensive. Besides, I can hear the whole concert from my house as I only live 2 mins away :lol:

But if they didn't have stupid charges like that, I'd have gone...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Good on you for voting with your feet. If everybody did this then ticket companies wouldn't charge these ridiculous extras.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I'd love to go to that thing. But being so far north, the cost of getting down is riddiculous even before we think about gig tickets. It is practically a festival day though, and you pay more than that for a day at Download of Leeds/ Reading.

I went to see Billy Talent t'other day. Was cool, but not really epic. They do bore me a bit anyway. But I did get the guitarists plectrum, which is always good.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
ciallkennett said:
Besides, I can hear the whole concert from my house as I only live 2 mins away :lol:
The first night of Eminem/50 Cent at the Bowl, it was so loud I could hear the concert clearly and I was in Giffard Park!!! :lol:

Charging lots of money for the Bowl is a rip-off since it's just a big grassy dent, there are practically no facilities there.

Lewis said:
Muse tonight at the o2 :D
I couldn't make it this time - tell me it was awesome :p.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I can't begin to desribe how jealous I am of all of you going to see Muse. I know someone else going tonight. He is being very annoying about it.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Brilliant week coming up for me! Arctic Monkeys at Sheffield tomorrow night then Kasabian at MEN next Friday! They're going be brilliant, can't wait.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Glassjaw are coming to Rock City! First tour in God knows since when. January 25th, 3 UK tour dates. Something no Glassjaw fan can miss.

Got Rise Against, Thursday and Posion the Well next Thursday at Manchester Apollo, then Thursday and Posion the Well at Nottingham Rescue Rooms the next day, gonna be good! (Just we left the manchester Travelodge too late so it's gone from £29 to £48. Gutted.)

Muse are good.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Muse last night were....well, I don't think there are any words good enough to describe it!

The crowd also got attacked by an onslaught of giant balloons filled with confetti :lol:

Awesome night. Muse are legends. I paid a stupid amount of money for the tickets but it was worth it.

Dave

CF Legend
Was a fantastic live act once again. But the sound was really badly set up, the bass was too high and the drums were too loud so the Hysteria bass solo got sort of drowned out by the snare of the drum. Shame!

Setlist of 13/11/09:
(not in any order)

Uprising
Resistance
Unantural Selection
Undisclosed Desires
MK Ultra
Exogenesis Part 1
Hysteria
Stockholm Syndrome
Supermassive Black Hole
Starlight
Cave
Man with Harmonica
Bass/Drum Solo
Map of the Problematique
Plug in Baby
Time is Running Out

Tomatron

Giga Poster
bezzzzzer said:
Glassjaw are coming to Rock City! First tour in God knows since when. January 25th, 3 UK tour dates. Something no Glassjaw fan can miss.

This has cheered me up a lot. I still haven't seen Glassjaw in about 8 years of trying so I hope I can get to one of the dates. Daryl's dodgy stomach better hold out!

Fall of Troy in 3 days is gona be sweeeeet. cool)

Lewis

Hyper Poster
I know I'm late, but oh well....

WOW! I can't actually put in to words how amazing Muse were, unlike Dave I didn't really think the set up was bad (probably was better set up for the Thursday). The whole show ran slightly late as Muse played at the Royal Albert Hall for the Children in Need gig beforehand, but it was worth it!

Set-List was (12/11/09):
Uprising
Resistance
New Born
Map of the Problematique
Supermassive Black Hole
Guiding Light
Interlude
Hysteria
Nishe
United States Of Eurasia
Feeling Good
Unintended
Helsinki Jam
Undisclosed Desires
Starlight
Plug In Baby
Time Is Running Out
Unnatural Selection

Encore:
Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 1: Overture
Stockholm Syndrome
Knights of Cydonia

tks

Strata Poster
I went to see Will Young last night!! My friends brothers girlfriends uncle works for the record label, and my friend had a ticket spare for last night so I was like hell yeh.

Will Young oooozes sex appeal. He's so unbelievably hot! And he's got an amazing set of lungs. He was really happy all the way through the gig, talking loads to the audience, cracking jokes and teased us for ages becuase he knew the x factor result!

On nommmm. :D

davidm

Strata Poster
Just back from The Flaming Lips at Manc Academy (scary time, first time in I-don't-care-to-remember-how-long that I've wandered down Oxford Road into studentville, don't remember half the buildings down there!).

Anyway, gig was super. Seen them four times now, every time they have been rather great. Any gig that starts with the lead singer getting into a giant bubble and zips off crowd surfing before the first number can't be too bad.

Support was OK too (Stardeath and White Dwarfs - thats just one band, interesting name then!)

:)