What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Kraken

Roller Poster
Will said:
(Or make do with Metallica :roll:) - Will be seeing how much their tickets are before considering it...

?44.75 per ticket + ?4.95 shipping including all fees. I just got two standing in the presale, so I am very chuffed right now. ;)

jack

Roller Poster
I'm looking to do the Sunday at Leeds but ?73 each is bloody pricey.

Bloc Party though (drools).

Slayed

Hyper Poster
furie said:
Hmmmm... Maybe looking at a Belgian festival this year. Got a few mates going, and it looks like a much better line-up than anything on other over here this year. It's also going to be around ?200, including transport:

Rock Werchter 2007

28th June - 1st July 2007
Day 1:
Main Stage: Bj?rk, Marilyn Manson, Muse, My Chemical Romance ...
Pyramid Marquee: Beastie Boys, Air Traffic...
Day 2:
Main Stage: Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, Kings of Leon, Pearl Jam, Queens of the Stone Age ...
Pyramid Marquee: Joan as Police Woman ...
Day 3:
Main Stage: The Chemical Brothers, The Killers, Keane, Snow Patrol, Razorlight, Heideroosjes ...
Pyramid Marquee: Arno, The Good, the Bad and the Queen, Goose, Klaxons, LCD Soundsystem, Blonde Redhead ...
Day 4:
Main Stage: !!!, Faithless, Incubus, Interpol, The Kooks, Mastodon, Metallica
Pyramid Marquee: Damien Rice, Tori Amos, Frank Black ...
WOW! That's some line-up.

I just spent ?80 on the Fflam festival - well it is on my doorstep!

http://www.fflamfestival.co.uk/

Bitter

Mega Poster
I just bought tickets to the Thursday of Wireless, headliners are QOTSA and White Stripes, 2 of my favourite bands, how could i not go? Also im surprised i hadnt heard about it before considering im on both bands' mailing lists, but oh well, wireless never sells out, so getting tickets was fine unlike reading, which i managed to get with an early pass anyway.

In other gig news, got tickets to go see Ross Noble in September, row C, should be awesome. Truck Festival tickets should be out soon too, which is always great. Can't think of anything else right now. Oh and my brother bought me tickets to see Black Rebel Motorcycle Club for my bday, cant remember if i posted bout that.

Dave

CF Legend
I'm very tempted to go to the Hellfest festival now.

Look at this lineup

liste-index2_en.gif

Will

Strata Poster
Kraken said:
?44.75 per ticket + ?4.95 shipping including all fees. I just got two standing in the presale, so I am very chuffed right now. ;)
Ugh, this is officially excessive, considering a far superior metal band were around ?10 less last year. Perhaps the time when Metallica were worth this kind of money is past, particularly when we can't be sure what they'll play - which is a major issue when the choice is between Master of Puppets and St. Anger.

In no hurry to pay over the odds for this one :(

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Bitter said:
I just bought tickets to the Thursday of Wireless, headliners are QOTSA and White Stripes, 2 of my favourite bands, how could i not go?

I'm very tempted by that indeedy! Must have words with my sistem and see if she can put me up for the night. As with you Bitter, White Stripes and QOTSA are two of my faves :)

I'd go to Hellfest for Machine Head, Type-O Nagatvie ( ;) )and Dreamtheatre, but the rest doesn't really interest me. It's been ten years actually since I saw any of those, so it's be interesting to see what they're like now :D

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Went to see faithless last night and i have to say its the best concert ive ever been to. The NIA was packed full of people with everyone moving around and getting involved in all the songs.

And maybe going to the festival in Belgium to see faithless again.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Oh crap!

I've just realised that Tripped and Falling are playing in town TONIGHT! Gpd they're like one of my favourite bands and I didn't even bloody know. I better be able to get there!

Just had to rant somewhere.

Martyn

Giga Poster
G-force said:
Went to see faithless last night and i have to say its the best concert ive ever been to. The NIA was packed full of people with everyone moving around and getting involved in all the songs.

And maybe going to the festival in Belgium to see faithless again.

Faithless are at Global Gathering this year, if you want somewhere closer to home. Though it'd probably only be an hour or so, so it's probably not worth the sixty-odd quid if they're all you wanted to see.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ben said:
I might go and see Aerosmith.

I might not.

I don't really go to gigs...

Don't see them at the NEC, it's the worst place for gigs ever, even if you're down on the floor. Saw Aerosmith there back in '98 and they were great, but the arena is dreadful and has no atmosphere.

Ben

CF Legend
^I saw Meatloaf there in... '03? During his "last ever tour". That was the last gig I went to :p. And today, tickets should have been booked to see him there again in May :D.

So, screw Aerosmith. Meatloaf is much better <3. Especially when father pays (out of guilt, nonetheless).

Bitter

Mega Poster
furie said:
Bitter said:
I just bought tickets to the Thursday of Wireless, headliners are QOTSA and White Stripes, 2 of my favourite bands, how could i not go?

I'm very tempted by that indeedy! Must have words with my sistem and see if she can put me up for the night. As with you Bitter, White Stripes and QOTSA are two of my faves :)

Mmm should be amazing. I bought 2 tickets in the hope of dragging someone else along with me, but alas am having trouble finding anyone as it's in the middle of my exams, but i only have 5 and so it's fine for me, but everyone else seems to have one the next day :(. Should be able to find someone though, hopefully, or i'll be all on my lonesome lol, still for QOTSA and The Stripes, who cares :p .

Karen

Hyper Poster
Woohoo I've won tickets to see MCR at a likkle gig in London, the KOKO, for this monday. I'm taking Katie with me AND Slayed's won tickets tooooooo woooohhhhooooooo.