What's new

Ghostbusters dark ride - Heide Park

peep

CF Legend
So Heide Park have just announced a new "5D" dark ride themed to Ghostbusters.

https://www.heide-park.de/ghostbusters.html

So this is totally what Thorpe should have got. Judging from the image it looks like they're using the same interactive system that Merlin are using for the Legoland Ninjago rides.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Jared

Hyper Poster
Re: Ghostbusters dark ride - Heide Park

I think this is a fab idea! Totally what they should've done at Thorpe Park. I just hope it's got the right mix of physical theming and screens as Ninjago relied a lot on screens I though.

Lofty

CF Legend

^ Nope. Motiongate's is an ETF ride whereas Heide's will be a Triotech one. In terms if content, they'll also be completely different as MMM are working on this one in house.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

Yay! A ride themed to Ghostbu- oh, the 2016 film.

Seriously though, theming it to Ghostbusters 2016 is a very poor move. Sure, the film may be newer, but it bombed at the box office and had an incredible amount of hate towards it. Yeah, that sounds like the perfect film to theme a ride to.

shawnoc

Mega Poster

Shrek need we say more. Wow could Merlin stoop even lower. I suppose it was the cheapest ip option

peep

CF Legend

^I'd argue that the general concept and theme of Ghostbusters is still popular. The film also didn't "bomb", it didn't do well, especially for such a big budget flick - but it didn't completely flop.

I can't see this really being related to the films, maybe one or two familiar locations but no characters etc (apart from Slimer - would be crime not to have him in there).

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

It would appear they are going with the "male" themed Ghostbusters.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCsl99cvfdg[/youtube]

Side note - I enjoyed the new Ghostbusters. Those heading into it expecting to compare it directly to the original were of course going to be disappointed; the original Ghostbusters is a top-notch classic comedy. But, like Jurassic World, you need to appreciate the new Ghostbusters as it's own movie, rather than comparing it to the previous franchise success.

peep

CF Legend

^I still think they're going for a generic "everyone can now be a Ghostbuster" rather than specifically gearing it towards one of the films.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Ghostbuster glass ceiling = broken

Lofty

CF Legend

This will not be themed on any of the movies, as in closely tie-in with their narratives and characters. Instead, they're using it as a base theme and running with that, which is cool?

spicy

Giga Poster

Looks pretty cool and to echo others would have been a perfect fit for Thorpe. Much better than Derren Brown's fracking train.

Looking forward to see how this turns out and to see if Merlin can actually create a half decent dark ride.

mouse

Giga Poster

One thing I'm not sure about - if it breaks down, who should I call?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
17457443_10154389863746629_7663575465648612033_n.jpg

17457316_10154389863751629_7444314619031668518_n.jpg

17499009_10154389864016629_3287410278263931825_n.jpg

17342911_10154389863736629_55010687914057919_n.jpg

It seems Merlin have gone for the derelict warehouse route
Zt4gr7d.gif

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yawn.

Would have much preferred a classic New York style brownstone look. Would have been much more interesting...

I suppose Merlin are still trying to shift their surplus of shipping containers and rusted corrugated iron.

davidm

Strata Poster
They should have gone for the "huge old abandoned roller coaster" look, they have plenty of that themeing lying about.