What's new

General Posting Guidelines (READ FIRST)

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
As has been recently brought up, I'd like to lay down a few posting guidelines when rating a track.

1. Be nice. Don't completely destroy a track, do it tactfully.
2. Constructivly criticize- bashing people's tracks is out of the question.
3. Put good and bad- never have just bad. Always pick out something good in the track.
4. Make it useful. If you're gonna slash, tell them how they can improve. Give your review a purpose.
5. If you download it- rate it. It's not fair to those who built them to get no feedback on the ride.
6. New topic per project now.
7. Maximum image size of 800x600 - If you want a larger version - link to it.
8. Zero Tolerance policy on personal remarks

That's all for now... I'll add anymore if I see fit. So let's see some better reviews.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I just want to bump this topic. Not everyone is using these rules.
I am getting frustrated with some of you 'suckups' giving a coaster a straight 10 or a flat out zero without any critique. Change your ways, we want truthful judgements and not "OMGZ THAT WAS WICKARD!!11one! 11/10!!"

Don't do it!

Keep by the rules or I will have to set up a different style of rating which you will not like. aka Coastersims

A

Anonymous

It would be nice to Update these, because of the new guidelines that are set to motion now, and also include maximum picture size etc.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Ya know, if CF were to hire some programming whiz's, then we could have a CoasterSims style rating system, where the ride creator just uploads the track into the database, and have a personal window just for the ride only. I'm sure you could work out an agreement with some of them.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I think this works just fine seeing as we're not a coaster games specific website. IT leaves it up to the person how they want to rate and give tips. From what we've found over the years here, it's never good to force people into a system.

Jared

Hyper Poster
Xpress said:
Ya know, if CF were to hire some programming whiz's, then we could have a CoasterSims style rating system, where the ride creator just uploads the track into the database, and have a personal window just for the ride only. I'm sure you could work out an agreement with some of them.

If they have the money then i'm available to hire...

Xpress

Strata Poster
CCJared said:
Xpress said:

If they have the money then i'm available to hire...

Lol, I'm sure Ian just has the cash right in his back pocket..

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
You'd be right in that case. There's not much in the way of money to spare.. especially for something as unnecessary as that. I think we'll stick with what we've got here.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
There's a new topic button in each forum. If you have fewer than 5 posts, you can't make one though.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

thx1138

Roller Poster
furie said:
There's a new topic button in each forum. If you have fewer than 5 posts, you can't make one though.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Okay, thank you, I wondered if it was something like that.

Thx :)