What's new

GCI terrain coaster

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Well, I took a break from NL after losing all my files and decided to open RCT3 again. Since I wanted to try the Wodan CT since the first time I saw it, I made a terrain GCI inspired by the one at Knight Valley. Well, here is the layout:

And I started supporting it. Still in its early stages though:

Hope you like it :)

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I've seen this layout on SGW ! The Knight Valley Wood Coaster inspiration is an excellent one, and it looks already very exciting indeed. I wish you good luck to support this twisty goodness :D

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Thank you guys!

Now it's starting to get shape! I worked on the station, foliage and area of the ride. Did some supporting too:

Dapalm

Mega Poster
New update:

There are some tunnels and head choppers along the ride.

Station fly through!

Well, this view will be a lot more pretty when complete.

Unsupported half of the layout. However, the most tricky parts are done, so this should be built fast.

What do you think? Criticism is appreciated :)

reddude333

Giga Poster
It's looking really great! Great job making this CT your own. I am a big fan of the tunnel through the station. Is the dark gray path supposed to be like a road coming through with a sidewalk on the side (sort of a cou-de-sac)? The shot from across the water looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing how you fill out the rest of the space.

scw55

Hyper Poster
It looks so lovely.

I must admit I was a bit hesitant when you showed us just the terrain. The scenery really brings it alive.

Dapalm

Mega Poster
reddude333 said:
It's looking really great! Great job making this CT your own. I am a big fan of the tunnel through the station. Is the dark gray path supposed to be like a road coming through with a sidewalk on the side (sort of a cou-de-sac)? The shot from across the water looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing how you fill out the rest of the space.

Thank you. Are you refering to the dead end road? Yes, it will be like that. I know it would be a dumb move in a real park, but I liked the view.

scw55 said:
It looks so lovely.

I must admit I was a bit hesitant when you showed us just the terrain. The scenery really brings it alive.

Yeah, I think I posted it a bit to early, but well, I had plans to continue it. Thank you.

First time editing a cloudy scene. What do you think? BTW, expect a real update before thursday.

reddude333

Giga Poster
@Dapalm: I'm all for the overcast shot. It looks eerie and gives a nice gritty feel to a game that can sometimes look too clean. Also, I was not ripping at the cou-de-sac concept. I like it and I think it makes sense. It reminds me of some of the Disney parks which have roads running through the main paths both for accessibility and to provide wide walkways that don't look awkward. I'm interested in how you will make it work.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
It looks fantastic ! The dense foliage really enhances the terrain layout. The station seems detailed and well-sized, and you did a great job with the paths - beautiful textures and good shapes.

It's one of the better wooden coasters I've seen in RCT3, along with Ashbridge and Fenrir :)

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Thank you very much guys!

New update. Today I'm showing the plaza and the restaurant, themed to a water mill:

The plaza when aproaching to the ride.

The other way.

The restaurant from the lake.

I'd like to eat something there, seeing the lake, the forest... And the coaster.

Well, so supporting is almost complete. There is still a lot of work to do, but I think it already looks nice. I think I will continue it, as I have a lot more plans for this. I must look for a park name... BTW, is there any CFR for the drop tower? In game one is ugly, and the Intamin drop tower CFR is too tall.

Hope you like it, and please, comment. Thank you :)

reddude333

Giga Poster
These pictures are fantastic and I really like the angles you chose. I always like the water wheels even though they are usually ones that would serve no physical or practical purpose in real life. In terms of critiques, my main issue is that the walls of the restaurant without windows are pretty bare. You should fill them up with something, perhaps some vines or banners or what have you. Another very small detail is that on the gazebo type structure it is hard to tell how the stone rings are held up although it looks nice regardless so it may not need any type of fix. Also, kudos on the rockery in the lake...looks very natural.