What's new

Fun Spot Kissimmee | Mine Blower | Gravity Group woodie

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Yeah, GG is on par, and dare I say, better than RMC when it comes to innovation. LCOSM is one of the strangest coasters ever, including an elevator lift and really sharp turn radii, was one of GG's first*. Boardwalk Bullet has some 40-ish crossovers in the ride, which is an amazing feat. Hades 360 was (one of) the first true wooden coasters to feature an inversion(depending on how you count SOB and OR). Dauling(Dueling) Dragons was one of the first dueling wooden coasters in a long time. All of their smaller coasters show how a small coaster can make a huge punch. And Switchback was able to bring both Wooden Shuttles and a 90* spike to the table. All huge innovations in the coaster industry.

IG9887

Roller Poster
Yeah, GG is on par, and dare I say, better than RMC when it comes to innovation. LCOSM is one of the strangest coasters ever, including an elevator lift and really sharp turn radii, was one of GG's first*. Boardwalk Bullet has some 40-ish crossovers in the ride, which is an amazing feat. Hades 360 was (one of) the first true wooden coasters to feature an inversion(depending on how you count SOB and OR). Dauling(Dueling) Dragons was one of the first dueling wooden coasters in a long time. All of their smaller coasters show how a small coaster can make a huge punch. And Switchback was able to bring both Wooden Shuttles and a 90* spike to the table. All huge innovations in the coaster industry.
Wasnt LCOSM converted by CCI from a darkride to what it is today? Either way, itll be interesting to see how this coaster will fair next year, and from the looks of it it looks like we got another good one on our hands (and tbh it has a good chance at being the best new ride in 2017 at this point)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Thought someone would say that, hence why I put an asterisk next to it. I knew it was done by CCI, but Gravity Group said that a fair chunk of the engineers who worked on LCoSM went on to join Gravity Group(You can see on their YouTube channel, their first video is of the ride).

Yeah, I know it's a CCI, but it's close enough to a Gravity Group woodie, you might as well call it one.

Hutch

Strata Poster
It looks pretty good doesn't it! And it's a min GG, and we all know how great they are. It does honestly look like one of the better 2017 creds.

I kinda forgot about this little place too. I guess this gives everyone more reason come and stay other than just go for the creds.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Maannn, didn't this just seem to show up out of nowhere! So excited to have this just a few miles from my house. Guess I'll have to go back to the 192 Fun Spot more, again. :D

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
The lift hill in their render is awful. Hahah. :D Frankly, their NL work leaves a lot to be desired all over... ;)

It does, however, look like it will be a good addition to the park!
Someone on TPR just got banned for a month for saying that, so you'd better watch it...

In all seriousness, it looks like a great little ride. I'd hit it up.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Ok this actually looks really good! Judging by the animation, it looks like the airtime will be strong on this one. Looks like one of the best new coasters coming in 2017, which may not be saying much since it is kind of a down year, but I'd place it in the top 3 for best looking coasters coming to the US in 2017. Should be a great ride and if I had to pick, I'd take this over White Lightning at the other Fun Spot.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Midway Mayhem has posted an early construction (or should I say destruction) video of the new coaster, and already work has begun!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
The name has been announced as "Mine Blower".

Bit strange but it's not like it's going to affect the ride experience so whatever. It's supposedly going to be mine themed.

Lofty

CF Legend
This is random as ****, but, it kinda fits Old Town? Like, the name fits the buildings and local area quite well, I suppose.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Mine Blower
Inverted wood coaster
#doabarrelroll
qVhNK46.gif

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh, when I briefly saw the tweet about this yesterday, I read it as "Mind Blower" and thought it was an ok name.

But it's MinE Blower.

I'm interested to see if they put anything in the "mine tunnels" to give it a sprinkle of theme.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Another video - A lot of progress has taken place, as the brake run and going up to the brake run is near completion, as well as around the park updates.

Video by Midway Mayhem:-