What's new

Fright Nights Pre-Book only

Nic

Strata Poster
Taken from the anunal pass mail out email I got today...

Due to the extreme popularity of this event, Fright Nights is STRICTLY ADVANCE BOOK ONLY. Annual Passholders will not be admitted to the Park without a valid pre-booked ticket. Make sure you buy your tickets early online to avoid disappointment!
As an Annual Pass holder, you can take advantage of our special early booking offer - pre-book your entry ticket online for just £2 before 31st August 2009.

Better all get yourselves sorted for GF then!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So is this for everyone or just AP holders?

It seems like quite a good idea, but I'm not sure how well it will work in reality. I have a feeling that it's going to get booked up pretty quickly.

Nic

Strata Poster
I don't know. It makes it sound like everyone will need to pre book... but the only people who can at the moment are AP holders. However, I'm thinking that, as its at a "reduced rate", then after the end of august, it'll go on general sale for the pre-book tickets. Who knows.

http://www.thorpepark.com/fright-nights.php

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
It's all pre-book, AP holders or GP.

AP holders can get their tickets for £2 if they book before 31st August.

Afterwards, I assume that AP holders will have to pay full price.

Mazes are also pre-book only.

marc

CF Legend
That email was for AP holders only, I assume it's so they know how many tickets they can then sell to the GP.

If I can go I will not be able to get my ticket until the end of September anyway as I need to pay £30.

When I looked the other day I could buy tickets for the date of GF and it never said I needed to pre book or that the day even had limited numbers. I assume it will just say not available when they sell the quota, one day was already sold out in the month.

Rach

Giga Poster
ciallkennett said:
AP holders can get their tickets for £2 if they book before 31st August.

Afterwards, I assume that AP holders will have to pay full price.

You assume wrong then.

Ian emailed the park a while ago and this was the response that he was given to do with AP holders getting into the park for Fright Nights.

The extra cost will be (for Annual Pass holders): 12th - 27th October: £5. 28th October - 1st November: £7.

£2 at the moment is a great offer, but seeing as we're going on the 26th, £5 is hardly breaking the bank either.

Shame I won't know till at least mid September whether or not I'll actually be able to go.

marc

CF Legend
I do think its a bit bad that they have sent out the emails with just over a week to go though.

If AP holders have not given their email address they will not know until the try and get in.

If I had an AP I would pay the £2 even if I could not go tbh, but I am not paying £30 to not go so will just have to wait and hope they still have space.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I haven't received said e-mail, which does make you wonder how many have received it.

I will book my £2 GF ticket when I can find a way of doing so as the website does not accept my mum's debit card.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I have mine booked.

There is an option to book a fair few and it didn't ask me for my AP number. I'll check what the ticket says when the email arrives, if you catch my drift...

marc

CF Legend
I did not see the option for the mazes, if you click on the link by them it just sends you to the normal ticket page.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
This is ridiculous... it's supposed to be unlimited entry with no supplements on an AP...

I wonder how it works with staff passes though... Hmmm...

Matt

Roller Poster
All of the 10pm closes are blacked out on the magic pass. Which is really really crap. As is all of this paying extra even with an AP bollocks

Nic

Strata Poster
Yes, this'll be the second time this season that I've paid to get into Thorpe, despite having an AP. I can understand the need to book and think it's a good idea if managed well, but why the need to pay? If I believed that they would limit numbers enough to make the queues bearable... then I almost wouldn't mind, but I can't imagine that's the case. Eugh.

Anyway, I've booked mine. We are going on the 26th, right?

Oh, and it looks like the ticket could be used by anyone, so long as they have an annual pass. It doesn't have my name on it or anything, but it does state that it's an annual pass ticket.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Vadge said:
If I believed that they would limit numbers enough to make the queues bearable... then I almost wouldn't mind, but I can't imagine that's the case. Eugh.

Yeah, knowing merlin, they will probably let MORE people in!