What's new

Fort Fun Eastbourne topic!

Well that runnaway mine coaster that used to be there has been moved to the front of the park now.
I go there sometimes and just walk around. It's a nice small park. And has hanged quite a bit over the years. :)

Geez,they've got cracking with that.

Any reason why the coaster was removed?,and is it temporary or permanently gone?

Looks like another trip to Eastbourne is on the cards.

annwndog said:
Geez,they've got cracking with that.

Any reason why the coaster was removed?,and is it temporary or permanently gone?

Duane from RCDB suggested that maybe they were just testing setting up and taking it down. The couple who own Fort Fun also own some traveling rides and stuff. So they may have just got the coaster for their traveling section and needed to see how easy it was to set up and pull down?

Well i've got a video of the new log flume. (will put it up later).
They've called in 'Thunderfalls' (what a name) :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRDsTW6Qc5M[/youtube]

Heres a video I did of the first to ride it.
Theres nothing much to it really. and its quite dull.

They still havnt put a roof on the station. :D

Well they built it then dismantled it to see how to put it together. Maybe its coming next year instead? :)

Fort Fun currently have a radio advert saying "Coming soon - Test your nerve on Thunder Mountain". I suppose this means they will be constructing a coaster again soon.

On the site it now says that the log flume is now open, no sign of the new coaster on the site now. :?

Re: Thunder Mountain - L&T Systems Ride for Fort Fun Eas

furie said:
Sounds like that end of the country is having a bit of an amusement park boom at the moment!

Heck if that were true, my family wouldn't have sold Treasure Island back to the developers (an amusement park, 5 minute walk across from Fort Fun) I can't see anything after this really, Eastbourne isn't the place for this sort of thing. I reckon people go to Fort Fun after getting lost going to Brighton.

^Yep, thats the one! :D
We hardley made any money out of that place and now we've given it back to the developers, theyve built these huge ugly shops to go with the park. It totally blocks the view of whats inside now.

Any news on the coaster? I'm looking at visiting in February, but if they are building the coaster and it's due to open a bit later then I won't bother...

Jake said:
Any news on the coaster? I'm looking at visiting in February, but if they are building the coaster and it's due to open a bit later then I won't bother...

I went past the park two days ago and there were no signs of a new coaster :(

I last drove past it on Boxing day, and theres no sign of the new coaster. But there is a big space which has been cleared to make room for it. And there was a big lorry there as well but i'm not sure if it's there now. :D

Martyn B said:
I thought they had a new coaster, but then removed it...

They did, but apparently they're going to build another one. I really hope it isn't the one they removed, because when I went to see that ride it looked rubbish. :roll: