What's new

Football Topic

DelPiero

Strata Poster
If he does go it will be for a transfer fee of ridiculous proportions(over £20M for a keeper), a newly signed contract + Levy = big bucks.

Edit- got a link Marc? I can't see any recent stories or discussions on SC.

marc

CF Legend
It's just been said on Twitter etc and Spurs fans at work.

Some people go every game at home and it's been going round the ground for a few weeks now.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Just a load of rubbish then, fans putting 2+2 and getting 53. I think most spurs fans realise he's been a class above the rest of the team and if there's no CL next year then I can also see him moving on in the summer.
I wouldn't begrudge him wanting to move though, as long as it's not in the PL, can't be strengthening a rival.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Think the thing that keeps him at Spurs is that there's nowhere for him to really go.

Barcelona are fully behind Ter Stegen, if Real want a new keeper they're gonna splash the lot on De Gea. There's no money in Italy and PSG have Sirigu who is no slouch. Neuer has years and years left.

Only team who may end up needing a keeper and has the money to get him would be Man Utd.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure if it's a great escape - or just being in a jail closer to home... conjugal visits and the like, but the Altidore-Defoe deal feels like a prisoner exchange.

marc

CF Legend
It's Madrid he's been linked to.

Addy could be off to Roma :) and Paulhino is being linked away but I don't think it's true.

All word of mouth sorry to say but the people telling me are normally right.

Soldardo could go back where he came from.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Just think lads, you've watched the most expensive English side ever assembled, with over £230 million odd on the pitch at some point tonight.

And if you didn't know which side had spent that money you wouldn't be able to tell.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
It was absolutely amazing. The stadium was electric. The football quality was out. standing. I loved every minute and now we're off to Old Trafford for the replay. Do I go? Think I'll have to.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
An amazing game! A top quality performance from United tonight, under the lights. We had the better chances in the game as Josh Coulson narrowly headed over.

Work permitting I'll heading up to Old Trafford!

There is nothing quite like supporting Cambridge! Ten years as a season ticket holder was been a real roller coaster ride!

Smithy

Strata Poster
Yeah I think if you ask yourself how you'd feel if Cambridge went to Old Trafford and won and you could have gone but didn't, you'll know what you should do :p

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Another crazy day in the cup. Bradford getting 4 past Chelsea, Boro winning at Man City. Currently the highest placed team atm through to the 5th round are Crystal Palace. Oh the joys of the cup!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Chamakh scores twice too, legend...

Monday's draw is gonna be very interesting, with many clubs thinking they can get far into the competition now...

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
So Manchester United ended Cambridge's spectacular run in the FA Cup by winning 3-0. But Cambridge played excellently and have made all the fans so proud to be supporters. Despite the loss, I'm proud to be a Cambridge fan tonight <3

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Got back from Old Trafford at 4am this morning.

It was one of my best experiences as a Cambridge supporter!

As eight supporter buses left the stadium and many more left other parts of the city, we crawled through traffic. It took forever to get there. The kickoff time was moved back by twenty minutes, as many were not going to make it.

We should have scored within a minute, but Tommy Elliot hit the post.
The Cambridge supporters out sung the **** Man U supporters the whole game. The Man U fans were deathly silent, even at 3-0 up.

Some songs from the evening:
"Is this a library?"
"Lets pretend we've scored a goal" x3
"3-0 and you **** it up"

It was an amazing trip! Don't know how long it will be, before Cambridge get this far in the cup again!

Smithy

Strata Poster
To be fair you can hardly expect Old Trafford to be bouncing when they're 3-0 up against Cambridge.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Smithy said:
To be fair you can hardly expect Old Trafford to be bouncing when they're 3-0 up against Cambridge.

I think supporters should always get behind the team. Regardless of result or opposition.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Don't be silly, if situations were reversed and Cambridge were playing a team several divisions below them not only would you get half the fans who made the trip to United turning up but there'd be no atmosphere too.

It's not a dig at Cambridge I just hate complaints about a lack of atmosphere when there's little reason for fans to create one. You'll have a hard enough time getting most fans up and chanting if it's a game against a league rival in a game that's tight.