What's new

FNAF dark ride or scare maze?

spacebum

Roller Poster
An idea that I had afew weeks ago. If any of you play or know of the Five nights at freddys games. I am sure it may have crossed your minds to if the franchise could be made into a dark ride or scare maze type of thing. As there is a movie being made it may become something that crops up once or twice.

mouse

Giga Poster
^ Are you joking? Isn't a horror game/franchise aimed at teenagers and adults?
I agree that it could make a very good horror dark ride or scare maze. I haven't played the game but have heard it has a lot of jump scares and a good backstory. It's also a known brand and easy to theme a ride to, so why not?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^It's one of those games whose target audience is older than it's actual audience. It was a great game when it came out, and a little while after the second came out. But after that, I saw more kids playing it than teenagers. Sure, it'd be a pretty good ride thematic wise, but it'd attract enough kids to drive away teens and adults. But it does appear that the game is much more popular here in the states than in the UK. So it MIGHT work at Alton as a replacement for CATCF.

Lofty

CF Legend
It'd be a 'scare attraction', 'haunted attraction' or 'haunted house' much like the rest of them worldwide. Blame Merlin for coining the term 'scare maze', which is **** stupid :lol:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Lofty said:
It'd be a 'scare attraction', 'haunted attraction' or 'haunted house' much like the rest of them worldwide. Blame Merlin for coining the term 'scare maze', which is **** stupid

Are they actually "haunted" then, since we're being so pedantic over the use of the word "maze"? Are they actually houses?

I know it annoys some people, but "maze" is the best way to label them for a casual visitor.

mouse

Giga Poster
^ Not sure if you fully understand what scare attractions are designed for...

I hope for the cleaner's sake you didn't go to any halloween events this year.

spacebum

Roller Poster
Maybe something like duel where you shoot/zap the animatronics with your flashlight. Each room themed up to look like the resturant rooms. to the bedroom scene in FNAF 4. Each time you shoot/light up one of the characters you gain points or something.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Well, there is a new form of Haunted House that was revealed at IAAPA that involves a controllable flashlight:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2EQXDoGOz4[/youtube]

Although I wouldn't prefer it to be FNAF, it can certainly work out really well.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Lofty said:
It'd be a 'scare attraction', 'haunted attraction' or 'haunted house' much like the rest of them worldwide. Blame Merlin for coining the term 'scare maze', which is **** stupid
wot

They've been called "mazes" in the states for forever? Or simply "haunts" or "houses".

This is like when people argue over the definition of "theme park".

Lofty

CF Legend
gavin said:
Lofty said:

Are they actually "haunted" then, since we're being so pedantic over the use of the word "maze"? Are they actually houses?

I know it annoys some people, but "maze" is the best way to label them for a casual visitor.
The term 'haunted house' or 'houses' was really coined by HHN who have actually moulded the way we see the industry to date. The use of the term was used prior, but in smaller areas of america with tiny little ventures that were community driven projects, mainly in areas such as Ohio and Kentucky.

Joey said:
Lofty said:
wot

They've been called "mazes" in the states for forever? Or simply "haunts" or "houses".

This is like when people argue over the definition of "theme park".
No, it isn't though. A Theme Park is a Theme Park. By term, a 'Maze' is a 'Maze', a set of corridors with dead ends and ways to get lost. Most of attractions of this nature out there are NOT mazes, they are a walkthrough experience with a defined path, so by definition are actually 'labyrinths' - although that term wouldn't be used due to complexity and obscurity.

When it comes to the term 'scare maze', I think you'll find that it's not been used 'forever' in the States actually, but I'm more than happy to have a whole debate over the matter, but I'm not bothering over this website and clogging it up with useless **** (yes I know this post is contradictory to what I've just said, but hey, shoot me :lol: ). The term 'scare maze' was not widely used up until about 6/7 years ago, actually - the term 'scare attraction' was used mostly in the UK, this is pretty evident if you go back in the history of the industry in the UK and look at the names of the attractions, and be my guest to do so, I've got a document with them all in at work - you'll see that the term 'scare maze' only starts to pop-up at the hay day of Fright Nights (around 2008 or so onwards). Lynton V Harris brought scare attractions in their current format from the States (although independent ones existed before that) and he used the term 'Haunted Attraction' mostly, especially when it came to The Freezer at Thorpe Park and Ghosts Alive at Warwick Castle.

Ben

CF Legend
To be completely honest Lofty I don't know you think you know what you're talking about, they're scare mazes :/

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
mouse said:
^ Not sure if you fully understand what scare attractions are designed for...

I hope for the cleaner's sake you didn't go to any halloween events this year.
I said I don't want to see.
Also that is probably what the FNAF community would do in that situation.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Well we don't jizz ourselves when a new coaster game is released, so I'd doubt the same with FNAF. Also, it won't be designed by Deviant Art.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk