What's new

Flamingoland Rumours

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
That website hadn't even fully loaded when I knew it was much better than the old one.

The name for the starflyer is better than what I came up with anyway.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Starflyer...woo...

I just want Flamingoland to get a Giant Inverted Boomerang. I think it'd suit the place. Wishful thinking, mind...

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Enigma Shadow said:
Starflyer...woo...

I just want Flamingoland to get a Giant Inverted Boomerang. I think it'd suit the place. Wishful thinking, mind...

Considering their operations on Kumali... I think not!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, it's pretty sweet. Does this mean that they're theming this area? They made a half decent job of Zoooom. By theme, I mean proper stuff, not just a pretty sign, a few shrubs and a couple of plastic dinosaurs.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Didn't take any pictures of it, but they have put a few fake rocks around the ride area. When me and REBEL were there the other day, they were putting on the support on the center for the chairs. Meh. Not excited.

Lofty

CF Legend
To be honest, I'm not either. I find Star Flyer's SO boring, the actual experience that they produce is absolutely hideously dull. But, it's good to see that the UK's noes getting a permanent one at a park, they seem big crowd pleasers to be honest.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Ride opened today. My sister went and this is the only picture she took.

AxOBX-vCAAALlsO.jpg

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Yes I know that, but im saying that it doesn't look that bad. I can't wait to see it finished.
Might head down to Flamingo Land in the summer.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Well their new website is stating the date of 15.07.2012 which looks to be its 'official' opening so lets see what they do between today and Sunday.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think that looks pretty good tbh! I like the Stonehenge/Flintstone vibe surrounding it.

Ok, so it needs to be properly plastered, painted & polished, but on the bones of it, it's not too bad. It kind of matches the theme of a Pterodactyl, flying high and circulating above it's prey. It's good to see FL move away from the usual Africa/Jungle theme, too.

I'm actually quite impressed!

Lofty

CF Legend
On a second note, I didn't realise it was one of those that it's the tower that rotates as opposed to just the gondola. I've not rode one of that kind before, although, they won't give a different experience. I wonder why they've gone with this system as opposed to the other style?

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Its probably the only system that Zamperla works with.

I guess its a lot cheaper to manufacture the rotating tower, rather than the rotating gondola (and from what I've experienced, the rotating gondola can be fairly unreliable).