What's new

Flamingo Land Coast - New plans revealed for UK Indoor Park

Sandman

Giga Poster
"Plans could move forward next month for a brand new Flamingo Land theme park - and this time it would be indoors.

The state-of-the-art park would include a host of action packed rides, including a rollercoaster.

There would also be a ride called ‘Space Shot Tower’ which hurls thrill seekers almost 180ft into the air!

The venue is tentatively named ‘Flamingo Land Coast’, and would be built on Scarborough’s South Bay seafront - a short drive from the town’s new multi-million pound water park.

The proposed park, on the Futurist Theatre site, could also include a botanical gardens and a 55m tall lighthouse structure, as well as a cave-themed attraction.

A water-slide is planned, as well as a “lake” on the venue’s roof.

Three different themes would run through the park - subterranean, on the coastline and sky."

Source: http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/whats-...?ref=BreakingNewsTeesside&utm_medium=facebook

Re: Flamingo Land Coast - New plans revealed for UK Indoor P

The concept art from the article for those too lazy to click :p

JS96665243.png

JS96665213.png

JS96665289.jpg

So I noticed the comments for that article on the Facebook post today we're suggesting this was actually announced two years ago.

This is the first I'd heard of it though and maybe it's in the news again as it's now moving forward?

The idea of Flamingoland having a second location is really weird though.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

We had a topic on this years ago, but I can't be arsed to trawl through.

Good to see how far it's come along since then.

From the concept art it looks as if there is only the water ride and space shot as actual rides - I know it says rollercoaster as well but seems a tad small for it to be worthwhile?

I remember years ago reading Flamingo Land wanted to build a waterpark in or near Scarborough, I assume they opted for this strange indoor thing instead. Separately the new multi million pound waterpark in Scarborough the article mentions, Alpamare has been hyped a lot but looking at it seems a bit naff, anyone tried it yet??

I think this could be a great thing, this will be able to open through Britains long, horrible winters and rainy days because its indoors! But since its Flamingoland doing this, I wouldn't expect them to make any ride/coaster choices that'll impress us (at the same time I wouldn't expect much from Merlin either if they were behind this).

Yes - "Come to this indoor park any weather" - even though the only two rides are outside.

Probably not worth a new topic at this stage but Flamingo Land have been chosen as the preferred developer for a leisure resort in Loch Lomond, Scotland. £30m development.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-37360493

However there has been a petition launched against the development since that news broke and Flamingo Land have stated they will not be going ahead with it if it isn't supported by the people of Scotland.

^ Plus it's just going to be a holiday park. No plans for any rides.

Probably not worth a new topic at this stage but Flamingo Land have been chosen as the preferred developer for a leisure resort in Loch Lomond, Scotland. £30m development.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-37360493

However there has been a petition launched against the development since that news broke and Flamingo Land have stated they will not be going ahead with it if it isn't supported by the people of Scotland.
This has (finally) been denied.

Ha.