What's new

Flamingo Land (AGAIN) With Video!!

Pierre

Strata Poster
I only went again because I was working for the Mumbo Jumbo launch day.

Anyway, after a TWO HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTE queue I got on.
The queue time and heat put me in a bit of a foul mood and I think clouded my judgement on the ride so can't really give a fair review of it yet, the first drop is fun though.

Ride Count:
Mumbo Jumbo x 1
Show Count:
Bongo Warriors (had to) x 1

The rest of the day was spent aimlessly wandering and filming!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpdO45vAUUg[/youtube]

Click the link for a HD version :)

The day pretty much went...

Arrive 11:20, took a few shots wandered over to the Mumbo Jumbo queueline for 11:30. It broke down, the queue moved quicker when it broke down than it did when it was operating due to the amount of people leaving.
Anyway an hour after I'd been waiting they decided to put a fourth car on, I still had 2 and a half rows of the queue to go, this took a further 1 hour and 15 minutes!
After that I was hungry so got a rollover hot dog and went to see my favourite thing in the park the Bongo Warriors! They were awesome as usual and didn't limbo on this show (proof is in the video :)), but at the end now they have the bongo dancers, they're dreadful but they come on so quick after the warriors you'd look a right rude/ignorant twat getting up and leaving.

After that I went for a walk around the zoo, spent about 2 hours in the zoo haha, theres also a new Lost River Mining Co building in the centre circle of the Lost Kingdom, pretty random but a nice touch.

After walking through the treetops walkway, the sight of a pint was too much to take, so had a relaxing pint by the old hall at the back of the park.
Walked back towards the main rides, had a few goes on the bandits (which were in a right stingy mood by the way!) and got a few nerd shots of Velocity.

Nice relaxed day other than the MJ queue.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Hahahaa the ostrich pecking the zebra's arse!

Hardcore Flamingoland goonage. Can't wait to get on Mumbo Jumbo now =D

peep

CF Legend
Nice Video Pierre!

I can't believe that Ostrich is still pecking that Zebra's arse. It was doing that when I went there back in '06.

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
Ha, I was there on Friday.

Pierre said:
but at the end now they have the bongo dancers, they're dreadful but they come on so quick after the warriors you'd look a right rude/ignorant twat getting up and leaving.
Spot on there like, people were leaving and I felt dead bad but it just kept going! I think they should just stick to the Bongo Warriors.

Lol and that ostrich, we were on Kumali front row and I thought it was weird how there was an ostrich chasing a zebra across the field.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Nice choice of song for that video Pierre. Sounded like a more relaxed day rather than whoring up everything. I must give that Bongo Warriors show a look when I'm there. I just hope the queues for Mumbo Jumbo quieten down over the next few weeks.