What's new

First-time inebriation.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Well yeah, I went to my friend's house and brought a 70cl bottle of vodka which we mixed with coca cola. I must have drank probably 100ml?

Anyway, it sounds lame, but this was probably the most drunk I've been in my life. I've never reached the stage where I do actually stagger (even very slightly) before. Sure, it wasn't much, but I did feel a little tipsy.

That said, the type of party was entirely wrong for having alcohol - I know most of you 'experienced' people will say alcohol is great at anything, but seriously, we were all falling asleep - we hadn't got so much to do anyway and there were 4 of us, at least 2 of us being pretty quiet people to start with.

So we played on the wii a bit, had alcohol and just half snoozed, half tried lamely to be hyper. It was fun because of the new experience, and I must've been the heaviest drinker (not saying much) out of us.

If I'd done it again though, I'd have suggested either thinking of more exciting stuff to do, or bringing Red Bull, or some other (legal) stimulant drink so we'd actually be awake for most of it...

Plus, I have a bike ride I really want to go on today, so I had to skip out on the sleepover and leave at about 2 or 3am.

Strange thing is, I've never sat that bolt upright and woken up on time before. No hangover, no grogginess - even less than I usually get, I'm sitting here typing at 9.20am and I've been awake for 40 minutes already.

Anyway yeah, sure this really isn't interesting, and I don't expect any replies. Just a first - time experience I thought you might like to hear. :p

PS. If you want to know (probably not), the time when I'd been the second most drunk, it was when my mum gave me a box of slightly soured wine, and I'd finished it off rather quickly, but that didn't get me even slightly staggering. And then, apart from that, the most alcohol I've consumed is a couple glasses champagne at new year.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You're 18 and you've only just go pissed? Oh dear.

From the sounds of things, you didn't have enough to give you a proper hangover. You know you've had you first 'proper' drinking experience when you're either violently sick or can't move the next day. Not that I condone that, in fact, I try to avoid it, but everyone needs to do it at least once.

This is the wrong sort of topic for this section of the forum, I have to admit, and I've got a feeling you're going to get some ridicule... then again, we are all law abiding citizens... :?

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Getting stupidly drunk is awesome. My 'problem', if you can call it that, is that when I start drinking I can't settle for only getting tipsy or slightly drunk :lol:

You know you've had a good time when your friends tell you that you got on your hands and knees on a busy highstreet searching for something that doesn't even exist, whilst making dog sounds and later on making out with one of your guy friends even though his girlfriend was watching. Oh and you spent half the night puking in the toilets.
Erm...that...totally wasn't an explanation of what I did whilst drunk once... :wink:

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
You're 18 and you've only just go pissed? Oh dear.

From the sounds of things, you didn't have enough to give you a proper hangover. You know you've had you first 'proper' drinking experience when you're either violently sick or can't move the next day. Not that I condone that, in fact, I try to avoid it, but everyone needs to do it at least once.
I've never been drunk, and it irratates me that theres the assumption that excessive alcohol consumption is something that "needs" to be done.

**** you. Frankly.

Jools

Giga Poster
I'm never getting drunk again, because as far as I understand it I got paraletic last time and supposidly tried to rape one of my best friends. I still drink, but only to tipsy stages because it's fun, but anything past that is just seems too dangerous me now.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Joey said:
I've never been drunk, and it irratates me that theres the assumption that excessive alcohol consumption is something that "needs" to be done.

**** you. Frankly.

This...

There's nothing wrong with having a few, but you don't have to get completely trashed to have a good night out...

Pierre

Strata Poster
Jools said:
I'm never getting drunk again, because as far as I understand it I got paraletic last time and supposidly tried to rape one of my best friends. I still drink, but only to tipsy stages because it's fun, but anything past that is just seems too dangerous me now.

I knew this topic would create something worthwhile soon!

Jools

Giga Poster
Pierre said:
Jools said:

I knew this topic would create something worthwhile soon!

Lol, but she understood it wasn't my real self, so we're still close, just we're not left alone with alcahol, but word is that she liked it really :lol: I don't know.

And okay rape was a bit strong, it was just like trying to persaude her to lay me and stuff and getting all touchy feely, as you'd think if it was proper rape i'd be locked up and my friends wouldn't exist XD

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well my first time drinking was a few years ago drinking Vodka in the cinema...fun! LOL well I was only around 15. I don't really get hangovers except for one time where I was puking all day at work!! Then nearly fainted taking an order, luckily there was no manager around that day or I would of been fired!

I used to always get stupidly drunk, I don't seem to get as bad these days with a few exceptions. Although when you get to the stage where you can't remember anything from the previous night then that's too far.

Ben

CF Legend
Drinking <3

I've been drinking since I was like, 10, CAUSE IT'S COOL NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY, but, my first PROPER vomiting, not walking, nearly dying experience was in Turkey when I was 16 <3 It was an all you can drink bar for £10 and it was ANYTHING <3 So many cocktails <3 Then I sang showtunes and collapsed <3

It was amazing.

Snoo

The Legend
Drinking isn't for everyone and just because you didn't drink until a little later doesn't mean a damn thing.

And Ben.. you just sounded like Taylor. Please.. never.. ever.. again.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Brad said:
I don't really get the point of this topic :?

Oh it was just because I'd done something for the first time and I thought I'd share it. No real achievement or anything, but Furie posted a trip to the woods a little while ago, so I guess this part of the forum is just for literally anything you do that isn't covered in the rest of the forum :p

And thanks guys, I thought everyone would be like "you've never got drunk before, you didn't get properly drunk and you say alcohol isn't that great?!? You're crazy!" Kind of thing.

I do think I will get properly drunk sometime, so I know what it feels like and say 'I got drunk' instead of 'I might have been slightly tipsy' :p

Oh, and according to a friend, the reason I didn't get a hangover is because vodka is a clear alcohol and the clearer the alcohol the less likely you are to get a hangover. Beats me why though.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
And tha vodka doesn't really have that high an alcohol content depending on how strong it is...

Plus if you eat a proper meal before drinking, it doesn't affect you as much as it would without eating, which I have had, but have gone against drinking when that happens since it makes me feel sick...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I love drinking.

I drink until I'm tipsy, then I drink some more until I'm pissed and then I fall alseep after causing no harm.

I don't drink to forget. I don't drink to be confident.

I drink because I enjoy the sensation of being drunk.

I only drink at weekends, unless I'm on holiday.

I do honestly think though that everybody should get mega drunk at least once in their lives, just to see if they like it or not. Joey tried it, didn't like and now knows his limits and effects. I respect that more than somebody who just says "you shoudn't drink so much" but has never suffered a terrible hangover.

Anybody fancy a pint?

Jools

Giga Poster
Remember the test they done in New Zealand, where the students were told they were drinking vodka and lime, and it was actually flat tonic and lime and about 80% acted drunk! Alot of drunkess is just the mind, but I really do like it when you are about to get drunk, you become all happy, then everything seems like it's moving really fast, like when you move your head it feels really snappy for example, and you get all giggly and dizzy <3