What's new

First-Ever Shipboard Water Coaster

How would they evacuate the ride if someone got stuck on it :?:

I can just imagine about twenty people stuck in a long line :lol:

It seems more like a conventional boat ride, that just floats along in the water, rather than an actual water slide.

Thanks Gladiator :D

Agreed.

I've seen plenty of ships with regular slides on that look better than this...

Sure, it's a novelty, but it hardly looks amazing! I certainly won't be booking a Disney cruise in a hurry :p.

Oh.. Well the slide alone wouldn't make me book a Disney cruise but it still looks fun, and anything that is near or that goes over water would scare me. Even though it goes slow, I'd give 'er a try.

Gladiator said:
Martyn B said:
What is this Disney vacation club that keeps getting mentioned?
The Disney Vacation Club is an american club to save money on trips to disney parks/attractions/holidays/cruises etc. in the US
I think thats right and hope it helps :wink:

Almost, and a lot more at the same time.

It is essentially a timeshare product. Works in the same way.

You "buy" a room based at a particular resort and every year you get an allocation of points to spend. It is open for the world to join, not just the US. Our "home" plot (Marc and I that is) is one of the Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas in Florida. The great thing is, you can use your points at any of the Disney locations, including cruises etc AND you can use it for quite a large selection of non-disney locations too. They even have hotel affiliates in London.

Unfortunately they don't apear to have released the points chart for this new cruise quite yet, but I must admit I look forward to investigating further when they announce. They will probably run a DVC Member Only cruise on at some point which is even better because you get lots of bonus stuff and special guest imagineers and celebs and so on...