What's new

Ferrari Park in Abu Dhabi

oriolat2

Giga Poster
andrus said:
I'm pretty sure furius baco launch into brakes. At least it feels so and I think I remember something that looked like brakes right before or in the air hill directly following the launch..

You are right. The are some permanent brakes right at the top section of the launch on Furius Baco. So, you hit 84 mph and then slow down a bit before you plunge in the trench where you are supposed to hit top speed again. Otherwise the ride would probably go at something like 87 mph or so...

marc

CF Legend
They are not going to allow any camera's on the rides, this is to protect riders from getting hit in the head.

Anyway I am interested to see how the park turns out.

tks

Strata Poster
marc said:
They should not slow it down, that could have made the coaster do something.

Furios Baco is bad enough as it is!! If it went faster it would become unbearable.

marc

CF Legend
^yes very good point there. But atleast there would be some airtime over that hill. They could trim it after that :)

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Interesting that this park (Ferrari Park, Abu Dhabi) is in the news less than it's regional competitor (F1-X Park, Dubai) despite being much, much closer to completion.

tks

Strata Poster
marc said:
^yes very good point there. But atleast there would be some airtime over that hill. They could trim it after that :)

I got thrown out of my seat going over the drop so..

I'd be suprised if this park actually gets finished. Lots of building sites in Dubai are currently derelict as nobody wants to buy them / rent when they get finished.

They've even given up on working on the Palm Islands atm!

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^I think they are just finishing up the two Palm Islands that have already been started, before proceeding on the third and largest one.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Reagrding the Palms, the first is done, the second is nearly done and then they will do the thrid. It is The World Islands that have stoppped.

costar

Mega Poster
tks said:
I'd be suprised if this park actually gets finished. Lots of building sites in Dubai are currently derelict as nobody wants to buy them / rent when they get finished.

Nah, I think this one will complete. Doubt it will make a profit but there comes a point when you've invested so much that you open it just to soften the losses.. The Ferrari building is complete and there are at least two complete coaster tracks so it should open.

Also, it is in ABU DHABI people. Kind of like Dubai's slightly more sensible neighbour (although they might as well just rename the whole region White Elephant if you ask me). Can we please change the subject line? They are two entirely seperate Emirates, let's try not to add to the confusion.

A

Anonymous

I live in Abu Dhabi, and Ferrari world is certainly nearing completion.

The white tracked coaster can be clearly seen from the E10 Abu Dhabi-Dubai road right next to the airport.

My only concern, which comes from friends who are working down on the site, is that the frame is being held together with plastic bolts ( so they dont corrode), and these are being put in my general labourers earning less than £200 a month - they are cross threading bolts, forcing them in with sledgehammers etc - doesnt sound great!

Im going the F1 race next week at Yas Island, so will try and get some close up shots of the track if I can.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
That's interesting about the bolts. I don't know how strong certain plastics are, but that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Unless they're lexan? That might be strong enough...

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I'm pretty sure Intamin, or what ever contractor they have to make the bolts, would not use anything that would not be more than up to the task.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Its perfectly possible Intamin are using a new Technology on their bolts i guess. But I'd wait to hear it from Intamin themselves. Or a park press release. Something to look out for.

So whens someone going to edit this topic title? As mentioned this park isn't in Dubai :p