What's new

Ferrari Park in Abu Dhabi

I swear we knew about the goggles aaaaages ago?

Doesn't stop them being hilarious though! :lol:

Ride looks a lot better when you get to see some sense of speed. The start of the first hill after the launch looks PAINFUL though!

So is that it confirmed that apart from the launch it's not going to be the least bit intense?

UC said:
In I305's case, a giant section of trims were added to the lift, because the public was complaining of blacking out.

No, they were added because the ride was ripping the trains apart. It has nothing to do with blacking out.

That too.. But, riders were still blacking out, and complaining about it.

UC said:
Doesn't matter. Lots of parks let things like that slide. You've ridden Goliath...

Yes, and the MCBR brings the train to a crawl now. My first visit it hauled through with little trim at all.

^ Well it reduces the speed of the train when it goes through the helix and thus reducing the G-force which reduce the effects on humans...

True, but it's as good as they could get it compared to when the ride opened when it flew through the MCBR...

The corners looked they swooped nice and close to the ground, should give a great sense of speed.

Also Top Gear website has a photo article on the park: Link

So there's all this talk about Rossa, but whats going on with the duelling coasters? Have they been built?

Must have seen this by now, but...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDbj2Vuv3UE[/youtube]

What on earth flies of the car at the end of the launch??

Anyway, I bet the launch is awesome for the face flappery, but after that this thing looks so ****ing BORING. It just doesn't ****ing do anything. Those hills at the end look atrocious.

Past the launch everyone looks bored.

paperz.jpg

Looks like a clip, maybe even a pair of glasses to me. More weight to it than a bit of paper though.

Welcome to Fernando Alonso, UC. He was more than likely telling Felipe just where he is faster than him. ;)

UC, if the goggles hit you in the face, it's unlikely to do any real damage, it would be like getting hit by a pair of glasses in any other circumstance. Being on the ride will not make any difference.

So.. me throwing a pair of glasses at you are equal to flying off someones face at 140mph?

Doubt it.

Without turning this topic into another huge physics debate, the goggles should be travelling forwards at the same speed as the train at the time they leave the persons face, and so if they hit the person on the row behind, it won't appear that they are travelling at any great speed.