What's new

Favorite Mine Train

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
1 - Colorado adventure - Phantasialand. Possibly the best family coaster around

2 - DLRP big thunder mountain - not quite as awesome as Colorado

3 - RMT Alton - does seem to have more oomph than most other mack powered coasters

And a commended to tibidabos powered coaster

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Joey said:
On topic, I think B&M inverts are more samey than mine trains...

Agreed, but with Mine Trains you're talking about what? 4 different manufacturers.

B&M Inverts are more like different cuts of beef. They're all slightly different, but all are essentially just cow.

Generally, inverts are like cattle though. B&M are your beef, Vekoma are Goat (tough and chewy( and Intamin are underdone lamb (rare) ;)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
1. BTMR - Disneyland (original thought, I know)
2. Adventure Express - Kings Island
3. BTMR - WDW
4. Cedar Creek Mine Ride - Cedar Point
5. Trailblazer - Hersheypark
6. Dahlonega Mine Train - SFoG

Notice how the list starts out great, and quickly descends to crap.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Hyde244 said:
1. BTMR - Disneyland (original thought, I know)
2. Adventure Express - Kings Island
3. BTMR - WDW
4. Cedar Creek Mine Ride - Cedar Point
5. Trailblazer - Hersheypark
6. Dahlonega Mine Train - SFoG

Notice how the list starts out great, and quickly descends to crap.
You mean they are varied?!

Phil is wrong. :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
Don't get the love for Colorado Adventure? The theming wasn't even that good.

Thinking about it, I adored the mine train at Europa Park (can't remember what it's called) purely because of the MAGIC CAVE with all the diamonds and smells and DRAGON OMG <3 Closest I've ever come to actually wetting myself on a ride haha XD

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
nadroJ said:
I adored the mine train at Europa Park (can't remember what it's called) purely because of the MAGIC CAVE with all the diamonds and smells and DRAGON OMG <3 Closest I've ever come to actually wetting myself on a ride haha XD
I also really like Alpenexpress (even though it's powered) because of the cave, but even more so because of all the interaction with the Tirol log flume and people walking around in the cave. I highly recommend taking a stroll through the cave if you haven't done it before. The entrance is through the gift shop.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Gran Montserrat kicks arse.

I really liked Thunderation and Colorado Adventure as well.

The Disney ones are best for the theming, clearly.

Big Grizzly Mountain looks to be the best, though I haven't ridden it.

Nic

Strata Poster
Colorado Adventure - that's the Michael Jackson cred right? If so then, yeah, that's my fave too. The whole experience was genuinely terrifying, as I imagine a real mine train would be. So much fun <3

nadroJ

CF Legend
ECG said:
nadroJ said:
I adored the mine train at Europa Park (can't remember what it's called) purely because of the MAGIC CAVE with all the diamonds and smells and DRAGON OMG <3 Closest I've ever come to actually wetting myself on a ride haha XD
I also really like Alpenexpress (even though it's powered) because of the cave, but even more so because of all the interaction with the Tirol log flume and people walking around in the cave. I highly recommend taking a stroll through the cave if you haven't done it before. The entrance is through the gift shop.

I literally spent an hour in there, too excited by it all to know what to do. That whole area was like, tailor-made for me <3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
nadroJ said:
ECG said:
nadroJ said:

I literally spent an hour in there, too excited by it all to know what to do. That whole area was like, tailor-made for me <3

I loved the area, but the mine train was just a pretty standard Cod or Haddock to be honest. It was scented with lemon grass though and really nicely presented.

caffeine_demon said:
furie said:
Joey said:
On topic, I think B&M inverts are more samey than mine trains...

( and Intamin are underdone lamb (rare) ;)

I always thought that intamin coasters are about 20% kobe beef(ie wonderful), and 80% overdone, 2 year old chicken.

I'm talking inverts, not general Intamin rides ;)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Well Big Thunder at Paris or Cali. The Paris one is the better ride with a nice climatic ending (the Cali one lacks), but the theme elements on the Cali one (like the goat on the second lift) were awesome. They are pesonally one of the best rides to combine fun, thrills and thematic interaction for me. To me these rides have a very cinematic feel to them the way the ride is layed out, especially Paris. I love it when the trains sometimes duel aswell and the double-drop head chopper teasers.

Alpenexpress... lol I think its all down to the operations that make that. Your arse doesn't touch the seat and they have sent it. Then theres the lemon pledge cave :) Its like one of those screwed up rides that are hilarious.

Towers RMT I just wish they would do something with the tunnel. I do like the interaction between it and the Rapids though.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Thematically I just think Mine Trains should look great, otherwise they're not really serving their purpose, which is essentially to look pretty and be a cute family ride.

Big Thunder at Paris is probably the most thrilling, becuase of the length of it, and long perios underground and in caves, and of course the impressive theming. They are always one of my favourite rides to build on RCT because they're so pretty =]