What's new

Favorite Indoor Coasters

Dan1989

Mega Poster
Not really done that many indoor ones, but the one that stands out for me was Thunder Mountain at Flamingo land

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
I like the Dark Knight coaster at GAd for its theming, and also skull mountain at the same park. But i like the flight of fear more than both of those! fun ride!

peep

CF Legend
^Yes! That has to be the best themed wild mouse cred I've ever been on. So much going on, love it.

I love both the DLP and WDW Space Mountains. The Paris Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is far superior imo to the Florida version (I'd rather feel like I'm in some sort of crazy nightclub than go past a couple of cut-outs </3).

Winjas is awesome because trick-track <3

Flight of Fear is pretty cool but can't really remember much from that experience.

The Florida Mummy is soooo overrated its unreal. Yes the 'scenes' are good but overall its just meh as once again its just whizzing past a couple of cut-outs <///3. Talking of awful cut-outs, verbolten also gets a mention for most overrated dark ride section.</////3

However ECG is quite right in that Hollenblitz is the best :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
peep said:
However ECG is quite right in that Hollenblitz is the best :p
Finally someone who agrees. I thought so many of the CFers who went to the Rheinkirmis in Dusseldorf during the Live would have chimed in by now.

marc

CF Legend
Tbh it was so long ago it slipped my mind. I just remember getting off it and thought what the **** was that about lol.

I loved it for its out of control spinning and the random Xmas tree lol. It was just good to go on a coaster I knew nothing about.

Great coaster but not my favourite as I could not have many re rides or I would be sick lol.

Better than a lot of indoor coasters out there.

Shocked no one has mentioned that great spinning one at Rainbow Magic Land hehe :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
In the end, I hope Blazing Fury is the last roller coaster in existence.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^The water effect has been removed due to snake infestation, so maybe Fire In The Hole could take that title. :p

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The fact that a roller coaster can have a snake infestation moves it even higher up in my books.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Space Mountain DLRP - pre update. It was fab with the theme and sound effects working perfectly with the flow of the coaster. Rough as a cat's tongue and unremarkable as a coaster, but as a "dark coaster experience" it was fab.

Flight of Fear - loved it, great launch and great ride made better by the dark.

Eurosat - Fast, furious, ridiculous, loud, manic and just too much for me, but yeah, superb really.

Space Invader/2 - turd, but fab

Rock'n'Rollercoaster - turd

Black Hole (Alton Towers) - Turd

Black Hole (Groveland) - Worse than turd

X:\NWO - even worse than the square root of the three above.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
gavin said:
^^ No, because the coaster itself is **** and the only reason to mention it is to say "look what I've been on and you haven't."

The ride was just good, but I thought the quality of the space effects far exceeded those on Space Mountain, thank you very much.

Also, even better yet is Space Fantasy. Holy crap. The wife wanted to go to USJ when we visited her folks, after having been to USO, and who was I to argue? I was shocked how good that ride is, theme-wise and actual ride experience. It's like the best parts of Euro-Mir, enclosed and with a cool/weird original space story and theme.

Coaster Cinema

Mega Poster
1. Revenge of the Mummy - Universal Studios Florida
2. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster: Starring Aerosmith - Disney MGM Studios
3. Revenge of the Mummy - Universal Studios Hollywood
4. Space Mountain - Disneyland
5. Space Mountain - Magic Kingdom
6. Flight of Fear - Kings Dominion
7. Verbolten - Busch Gardens Europe
8. Runaway Mountain - Six Flags Over Texas
9. Skull Mountain - Six Flags Great Adventure
10. Fire in the Hole - Silver Dollar City
11. Blazing Fury - Dollywood
12. Laff Trakk - Hersheypark
13. Dark Knight - Six Flags Great Adventure
14. Exterminator - Kennywood
15. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts - Universal Studios Florida

Heth

Mega Poster
Always had a fondness for Space Mountain in Paris. So rough yet I love the theming and dark ride atmosphere. Not been on since 2012 though.

Worst was Temple of the Nighthawk. It was hot with no airflow, like being seasick!