What's new

Favorite 3 comedians and why?

peep

CF Legend
I like too many comedians to pick just 3.

Rowan Atkinson is a legend and was ace in Oliver when I saw it in December.

Everyone who is basically on Mock the week.

Michael McIntrye who I'm seeing in November at the o2, should be good.

David Mitchell is awesome, I don't think he should do stand up but his newspaper article and his TV appearances are brilliant.

Robin Williams is good too, I hope he comes back to the UK.

Tim Minchin is awesome "shiny shoes"

Bill Bailey is awesome but I've only watched his Part troll show.

Alan Carr is also very funny.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Steven K Amos - He is hysterical! I always fall off my chair watching him.
Omid Djalili - I love his cultural twists on things, super funny guy.
Alan Carr - I just have to look at his face and I laugh.

peep

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
Steven K Amos - He is hysterical! I always fall off my chair watching him.
Omid Djalili - I love his cultural twists on things, super funny guy.

OMG, how could I forget them two, they are awesome. Omid Djalili is just a loon :D

Mike

Giga Poster
I'll go for:
Michael McIntyre- Both of the times that he was on Live at the Apollo he was brilliant, and he's also very funny when he's on the random BBC3 programmes like "The Laws of the Playground" (or whatever they're called).

Peter Kay- I may be 8 years too late for his stand-ups, but Britain's Got the Pop Factor reminded me of how funny he is.

My other place is up for grabs, although there are some strong frontrunners such as Alan Carr, Jimmy Carr, Jack Dee and Rowan Atkinson for it.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Right, lets see if i can pick three!

I can definitely pick my number 1. Ross Noble. Without a doubt the funniest man i've seen do standup. I've got all the DVDs, and i've been to one show, soon to be two, and its just never gets old. With a lot of it just ending up being his train of thought and going off on tangents, its always fresh, and you never feel like you're just watching the same thing again (as you do with people like Russell Howard and Frankie Boyle).

No.2 i'm going to go with Dara O'Briein. He doesn't do a great deal of standup, but the times I have seen him, he's been very good. There's an element of Ross Noble to his performance too, with it being very off-the-wall and quirky.

Now i'm struggling to narrow it down for No.3. As Martyn's said, David Mitchell is expectional, but he's not technically a standup. I've been quite liking Lee Mack recently too, but I get the feeling i'm going to get a bit tired of him soon. I should stop watching Not Going Out. Stephen K. Amos always makes me laugh too, I do quite like him, but I have a feeling there's probably a lack of material. I went to see Mark Watson a few weeks ago, and his standup was very good, very interactive and all fresh. Nothing we've already heard on Mock the Week for a change!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Frankie Boyle - Comic genius. Open, frank, disgusting and sexual. That sums me up, but now onto him :p I just find everything he says so funny.

Jack Dee - Reminds me of myself. A boring, depressing, funny arsehole :p

Ricky Gervais - Intelligent humour. Most people say that he is not funny, I disagree. You have to be intellectual to understand 75% of his jokes. It's not what he says or does, is what he is reluctant to say or what he wants to say next. Again, a comic genius.

Dave

CF Legend
ciallkennett said:
Frankie Boyle - Comic genius. Open, frank, disgusting and sexual. That sums me up, but now onto him :p I just find everything he says so funny

Its funny because its so outrageous you find it funny. But if you whittle it down you'll find its reptitive. I think he's tired of doing it.

Russell Howard was good until I heard the same joke about thundercats 4,000 times on the same ****ing programme!!
Never watch Mock the Week, its fixed, the Spin the Wheel round is made so the comics most famous jokes can be milked.