Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (please specify)

• can't specify/multiple choices

• Total voters

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
The second edition of another popular poll that I was running last year.

I like airtime machines the most, either B&M floating speed coasters and Intamin ejectors. I love the launch so rocket coasters are my second fave ones and then B&M inverted coasters.

in this order actually

1. airtime machines
2. rocket/launched coasters
3. inverted/suspended coasters

4. coasters with inversions (loopers)
4. flying coasters
4. wooden coasters

My vote goes to airtime machines.

Almost

Hyper Poster
Rocket coasters.

They can take the layouts further, it will be an airtime machine with good restraints.

Then Airtime machines, inverted, woodies, flyers and loopers.

Snoo

The Legend
My actual Top 10:

#1: Rocket (Top Thrill Dragster)
#2: Airtime (Millennium Force)
#3: Inverted (Raptor)
#4: Airtime (Magnum XL-200)
#5: Wooden (The Beast)
#6: Wooden (Big Dipper)
#7: Impulse (Wicked Twister)
#8: Wooden (Blue Streak)
#9: Looper (Dominator)
#10: Wooden (Son of Beast)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Inverts for me, as they seem produce the best inversions, sense of speed, and g-forces. Also, not to mention, they give silk smooth rides (Well, atleast the B&M ones do....:roll: ).

joe

Mega Poster
Airtime Machines: Well I have never ridden a Mega, Giga or a Hyper. These do look the best, but I still need to experience one.

Rocket/Launched Coasters: I love the thrill of a launch, even if they are week they can be very fun (Velocity for example). But with launched coasters you never really see the best layouts, sure Rita's layout is good, but without the launch it would be pants IMO.

Coasters with inversions (loopers): Inversions sometimes can get boring if they are on the wrong type of coaster, on Colossus most of the inversions are boring and lack excitement. On Kumba I experienced some of the best I have been through.

Inverted/Suspended coasters: B&M Inverts are excelent, very thrilling and the G's they can pull are great. SLC's tend to get boring though, or either hurt. This is a really tough one.

Flying coasters: Vekoma Flying Dutchman's look the best flyers IMO, I hear that they are better than B&M flyers. B&M flyers (well, apart from Tatsu) look a little boring, and the one that I have been on is a little tame.

Woodern: Some of the best coasters ive been on are woodies, they are thrilling and awesome. Even the kiddie ones are alot of fun. Also woodies are great for airtime.

I am not sure what to vote for, as I am too picky :)P) and my opinions are different. So I go for 'can't specify/multiple choices'.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I flippin' Love minetrains, especially BTM. Its just that the theming on them can be superb and the rustic touch on the Vekoma MK-minetrain is mint!

Snoo

The Legend
Flying coasters: Vekoma Flying Dutchman's look the best flyers IMO, I hear that they are better than B&M flyers. B&M flyers (well, apart from Tatsu) look a little boring, and the one that I have been on is a little tame.

Flying Dutchman's aren't as good as you think. Most of their layouts are very boring. X-Flight is the only flyer i've been on, and I tend to go ride anything else before I hit up her.

It was a toughie, but I know that my number one will always be Rocket coasters, mainly brought on by my obsession with Top Thrill Dragster.

2nd would be Airtime Machines, since when they're designed well, they give a lot of airtime (*thinks of Magnum and has a spazz attack*), and even if they give sucky airtime, like Millennium Force, the coasters are always very impressive.

Inverts would be my 3rd most likely since as Hyde said, they provide the best inversions and are never lacking in G's.

I'm going to have a hard time going in order from here on in, so I'll sum up my 4th favourites all in one. Flyers and floorless coasters. I've only ever been on one flyer but Xflight stood out to me as being very impressive and still holds a spot in my top 7 or so.

For floorless coasters I just like how smooth they are (as with any B&M) and they really just, to put it in a nutshell, are great.

Mike

Giga Poster
I can't specify, as I have never been on any real airtime-coasters or wooden coasters (apart from 2-which isn't really enough to come to any conclusions), but out of the rides I have been on, I have to say that my favourite type of coaster would be the inverted/suspeded coasters.

Jer

Strata Poster
I always was and always will be a big fan of multi-loopers. I really enjoy the feeling of being upside down and everything.

Fi

Mega Poster
I love the thrill of launches, even though the layouts aren't usually all that great. My second favorite would be inverted, and my third airtime machines.

A

Anonymous

Ohio

Boring
SnooSnoo said:
My actual Top 10:

#1: Rocket (Top Thrill Dragster)
#2: Airtime (Millennium Force)
#3: Inverted (Raptor)
#4: Airtime (Magnum XL-200)
#5: Wooden (The Beast)
#6: Wooden (Big Dipper)
#7: Impulse (Wicked Twister)
#8: Wooden (Blue Streak)
#9: Looper (Dominator)
#10: Wooden (Son of Beast)

Do you travel anywhere other than Ohio. I know your heart is there but go somewhere else. Like VIRGINIA!
1Airtime 2Inverted 3Rocket 3Wooden 4Looper

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ Where have you been, then?

From my top ten steel list (wood is separate)
1. Airtime: Millennium Force
2. Rocket: Top Thrill Dragster
3. Airtime: Goliath (SFOG)
4. Invert: Raptor
5. Invert: Montu
6: Airtime: Magnum
7. Airtime: Steel Force
8. Invert: Alpengeist
9. Launch: Flight of Fear (PKI)
10. Looper: Kumba

kir

Hyper Poster
I really can't specify. I like coasters for many different things.

I thought I loved Intamin Accelerators until Stealth just crapped on that idea.

I suppose if I was forced to make a choice it would be B&M Dive Machines, despite only being on one I can firmly say they are magic coasters.

But for now, can't specify.

Ben

CF Legend
I can't choose one as more often than not one ride of the type I'll love and one I really won't. Eg...

Invert- Love Inferno, loathe Nemesis

Acceleartor- Love Rita, Stealth sort of sucks

Megaloopers- Love Khan, hate Colossus.

Wood- Stampida Red rules, Blue blows.

But, I'd say really, Dive Machines or other B&M Loopers. Oblivion and Khan are both brilliant rides, and Kumba, Kraken, Sheikra etc. all look as good. So, DMs and Loopers as long as they're B&M.

A

Anonymous

Probably:

1 - Inverts (Love Nemesis, Montu, Nemesis Inferno, Dueling Dragons (fire and ice), Batman The Ride)
2 - Megaloopers (Love Kumba, Hulk (if that counts) Dragon Khan, Kraken, Scream, Riddler's Revenge, Viper - Hate Colossus)
3 - Woodie but hardly been on any (Gwazi, Stampida, Colossus)
4 - Rockets but " " " " " " " " " " " " " (Rita, Stealth)

Angel

Hyper Poster
Ive selected multiple choice.

They are all different coasters thus I love them all for different reasons, wood, steel, all rocks! I love Rita, dislike stealth. I hate nemesis, love Inferno. All different reasons for loving or disloving them but not one of those stnads out as my all time fav.

A

Anonymous

Anything with good long periods of hard +Gs...mmm...

But I like anything and everything really, and there are only a few really crappy wild-mouse-esque ride types which I dislike to the bone.