Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Where & When
As the thread title says, Alton Towers on Sunday 20th March

Where to meet
The park is open 10am until 5pm. Please meet at 10:30 at Oblivion. Hopefully this'll give you enough time to get in and arrive at the coaster. First time and unsure who you're looking for? It's pretty easy to spot a group of goons, and if you don't know what I look like, give me a call...

Contact details
You can call, text or whatapp me on 07787 573565. I'm on Messenger if you want to find me. Please do let me know if you're going to be late.

Tickets & Directions
You can buy tickets from the Alton Towers website: https://www.altontowers.com/tickets-passes/day-passes/
Directions are on the website, too: https://www.altontowers.com/plan-your-visit/before-you-visit/directions/
Note it says the roads are "thin", which irritates me because the correct term is "narrow". Also mentions a closure of the B5147 from Ashbourne direction, so factor that in when travelling.

Explain the name, Ian
When I checked the website the other day, one of the banners used the word "Fantasmagorical". Checking today, they're not using so must've realised how ridiculous it was. Don't worry, I screengrabbed it! So alliterating that word with "faff" was a no-brainer.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible!

Attachments

• stupidaltonword.jpg
    stupidaltonword.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 18

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Looking forward to it. Didn't go to Alton at all last year, first time I've missed a season since the 1990's I think.
Bring it on.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Prebooked for both the Saturday and the Sunday... Very much doubt I'll make the Sunday, short of a staffing miracle. But if anybody wants to meet up on Saturday, I'm game.

On the B5417... If you are coming from that way, your sat nav may bring you up Wootton Lane instead... Personally I love that route, a perspective of Towers you don't often get, and it can skip almost any traffic in the area... However, it literally is a long single lane track. So if you think the normal roads around towers are narrow, best to avoid that route. ;)

Will

Strata Poster
On the name: https://tv.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/5448c02f-2c86-4f3e-abb9-85994e9e3f82

I can't be certain, but I *think* the thing about the B5417 is old news. That's the 'main' route to AT if you're coming from the M6 and I do vaguely remember it being a nuisance at the beginning of last season and there's nothing on the local Government site about it - but don't take my word for it :)

(Sorry Mr Bell - not trying to tell you how to do your job!!! :p :) )

And @Nicky Borrill - just teach one of those drinking bird things how to pull pints, you know you want to ;)

Last edited:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Checked https://one.network/ (a website that shows all current and planned road works) and nothing for the B road. So the AT web page is outdated. And it still uses the term “thin” to describe the width of the carriageway. It’s not boding well, might end up going to guest services at this rate. Far from fantasmagorical 😂

Peet

Giga Poster
Yess I am planning to make it to this, three years on (!) from my first CF live, I am excited to make it 2!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
My first visit in years. Wonder if it feel fresh or has changed much. Very much looking forward to it!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Are people planning to stick around after the park closes for food n drinks n stuff?
I don't think I'll be able to make the day - my pesky dog has gotta go in for surgery the day before so will need to be carefully monitored for about 48hrs afterwards - meaning I can't leave her alone all day. 😥
However, I don't live very far away so would love to come along to the post-Live after-party... if there is one?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Happy to meet at services along the M6 for an expensive Burger King?! Being a Sunday and 3 1/2 hour drive home, I’m keen to press on home after the park.

But having dinner in Leicester on Saturday…?