Administrator
Social Media Team
As in, like a "you're barred mate"?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I suspect you may be asking in the wrong place. I doubt many people who regularly use the forums would have found themselves in that situation. I'd like to be proven wrong though - I bet there's some good tales in there! :p

Why do you ask?

Matt N

CF Legend
The only person I know of who’s ever been banned from a theme park is Ally Law, a YouTuber who broke into Thorpe Park and scaled Stealth in the middle of the night. Merlin got a court injunction banning him from all Merlin properties for life.

stef

Roller Poster
An exclusion notice can also happen if you film on rides in ways that are not allowed. Some parks are pretty strict on that, a Dutch youtuber got banned for life from Phantasialand for using a 360 cam on Taron

cocoa

Mega Poster
there was that tiktok guy who got banned from every disney property for filming these vids where he tried water from every fountain/body of water at the parks (while being a cast member iirc). definitely an idiot move but i've got to feel a bit bad for him since those disney-lifers get really attached to the parks, and now he's banned from all of them forever.

Peet

Giga Poster
How would parks ever enforce this though? It's not like parks have passport control at the entrance.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
there was that tiktok guy who got banned from every disney property for filming these vids where he tried water from every fountain/body of water at the parks (while being a cast member iirc).
Tried the water? Like... drank it? :D

How would parks ever enforce this though? It's not like parks have passport control at the entrance.
I do wonder this too. So many people passing through those gates each hour, and staff who surely don't actually care, makes me think it's more of a PR statement than anything else.

Dar

Hyper Poster
They've probably barred their name too; no bookings in their name, no payment cards in their name, that sort of thing

The Disney tiktok guy also went into closed areas, like the wedding chapel, on film, while being an employee!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The only person I know of who’s ever been banned from a theme park is Ally Law, a YouTuber who broke into Thorpe Park and scaled Stealth in the middle of the night. Merlin got a court injunction banning him from all Merlin properties for life.
He's also climbed up Big One and got arrested. I actually have some friends who've met him who say he's a genuinely nice guy.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Here's a short little article about reasons that people have been banned from Six Flags Great America. Here's another one about a guy who tried to avoid the parking fee and found himself banned for life after attempting to re-enter.
Forgot about the Brain Gill case. I feel bad for him, should have been a season ban at worse. I hope the park let him back in, or at least let him appeal the ban. Never give random people so much power, they go drunk with it.

bmac

Giga Poster

It's a simple trespassing agreement. If the park catches them on property they can be criminally charged for trespassing.

There's a few people who I'm aware of that have gotten banned from parks that I have worked at, for a variety of reasons I can't legally disclose from very stupid to very serious.

I also know of a story called Flume Dog, a man who went to all sorts of amusement parks to ride the log flumes. He regularly interacted with parents who didn't want to ride them but their kids did, and he got banned from all Six Flags parks because a guest complained about him being a child predator.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I know a certain someone who's been banned from many parks indefinitely for a variety of reasons including property theft, smoking weed on park premises, harassing other guests, etc. What gets me is that he's a theme park blogger/vlogger and should know better, but I don't feel bad for him at all and glad I'll never see him at media events again. Everyone I know feels the same.

bmac

Giga Poster
I know a certain someone who's been banned from many parks indefinitely for a variety of reasons including property theft, smoking weed on park premises, harassing other guests, etc. What gets me is that he's a theme park blogger/vlogger and should know better, but I don't feel bad for him at all and glad I'll never see him at media events again. Everyone I know feels the same.

👀

I know exactly who you're talking about, lol.

cookie

Giga Poster
An exclusion notice can also happen if you film on rides in ways that are not allowed. Some parks are pretty strict on that, a Dutch youtuber got banned for life from Phantasialand for using a 360 cam on Taron
Wasn’t the guy who got a F.L.Y. POV online also barred for life? I know they went out of their way to take down anyone who as much as re-posted that video on Youtube.

Pear

Strata Poster
Wasn’t the guy who got a F.L.Y. POV online also barred for life? I know they went out of their way to take down anyone who as much as re-posted that video on Youtube.
My friend uploaded the POV unlisted to youtube just so he could have it for reference and somehow Phantasialand managed to find it and take it down lol

When I heard about this a few years ago it really pissed me off. The major rides at Thorpe get some of their daily inspections done after the park closes ready for the next day as the park is obviously closed to the public and guarded by security.
Had this penis caused some damage to the ride that went on to cause an incident, it would be the engineer who signed the paperwork the night before up in front of the firing squad.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I know a certain someone who's been banned from many parks indefinitely for a variety of reasons including property theft, smoking weed on park premises, harassing other guests, etc. What gets me is that he's a theme park blogger/vlogger and should know better.

Well, the soon-to-appear “Charlotte only” vlogs are certainly going to have a different vibe 🤔

Edit - to prevent any excitement, I will state the obvious: this was a joke made in light of the (overly) ‘wholesome’ coverage that channel usually provides. I have no knowledge of who the ‘banned person’ is. But, you have to admit, theft and drugs would explain that bookworm….

Last edited: