What's new

Evil Dead for 2013

That trailer is certainly one way to go from my don't-care pile to my ooh-yes-please pile. Also I had no idea Diablo Cody reworked this <3

But.... Why remake it?! I will never understand the way the film industry handles horror films. They either make so many sequels that people become sick to death of the sight of it or they just remake old classics.... This has pretty much always been the way since the beginning of cinema with horror but just..why? Especially for a horror nut like me, it's painful to watch people try and do their 'own' version of brilliant horror films.

Then again, written by Diablo Cody you say? Interesting.

^ It wasn't written by Diablo Cody, It was written by Sam Raimi and Robert Tappert of the originals. Diablo revised some of the language of the script. Campbell said simply " we don't know how young people talk". It's more of a reboot, not a remake. Fede Alvarez directed with guidance from both Raimi and Campbell. The original didn't have a back story, for this film they added it. Hopefully this will be the only one. If it goes any further I agree it will become cheesy. I think the horror genre is in a bad place now. No one has any new ideas.

The movie I think is a waste is CARRIE which has already been remade. We all know the story. NO surprises there.

I think the only original horror film I have seen and liked in the past few years is Insidious. I am definately a horror buff as you are, heck I only watch horror films other films I fall asleep. Maybe Frozen too, I think that's a suspense thriller not a horror.

Omg Frozen was so fab <3 Ah, so Raimi does have something to do with it, that's actually cheered me up somewhat.

Very true, but this is Evil Dead, and as history would show us, he's actually quite good at that, so yh.

Old Deadite
Evil-Dead2-800x600.jpg

New Deadite
Jane-Levy-in-Evil-Dead-2013-Movie-Image1-600x295.jpg

The new look is definitely more "human"

Sill digging the old look though. White out contacts would have been better than these mcdonalds ones.

Sorry I have been vacant from CF for a few months. I started a new job. Well Evil Dead premiered at SXSW last week. People have been raving about it. It has a 87% on rotten tomatoes right now.