What's new

Eurovision 2010

Why does a German Lily Allen appeal to ANYONE? People accuse Lily of putting on a fake accent and talking into the microphone...

UGH!

I kept being told she was more Gabriella Cilmi. I'm not sure who she is, other than that there's nothing sweet about her.
Similarly, she had no shortage of appeal... and happily, given her victory, I'm obviously not the only male programmed in that way xD

And Vadge, surely you'd have been put off anyway by knowing who I'd be thinking of :wink: :lol:

Germany were the worst of all of them imo, still she's fit as **** so I'm glad she won. The Armenian girl was fit too.

Still Serbia ftw!

Will said:
Like a satellite, I'm in an orbit all the way around you,
And I will fall out into the night,
Can't go a minute without your LOVE! <3

Easily 'Die schönsten Mädchen' ever to come out of Deutschland may have had my vote the second she started singing about her toenails, but seriously, I give it a few hours until having that in my head stops seeming like the most amazing thing ever, and becomes maddening to the extent that I cry out "Come back Rybak and your violin of doom, all is forgiven!" In more bad news, that result means I'm keeping the avatar for a while :lol:

I'm... trying to think back, and except maybe Ryback and Lordi, I don't think a favourite of mine has had that kind of success before. Was a double win this year, with second favourite Turkey not far behind, not so sure what happened to Azerbaijan, who were tipped to beat Lena to the post, which just proves bookies don't always know best.
More thoughts when I've had victory based times, and stopped being hyper, I feel :)

And... while I always become an honorary national of someplace else on Eurovision night, I guess I'll still take a minute to giggle about Josh. To be fair, he wasn't the worst. Ugh, Russia, Ireland etc.
Lain voted for Greece. Silly Lain.

Neal on msn earlier said:
Will. You've gone and done it. Made me sexually attracted to a GERMAN.
I WILL exact my revenge!

Bring on Berlin 2011 <3

It's actually das Mädchen...unless there's more than one of her that is. :wink: And yeah England were terrible.

Brookes said:
It's actually das Mädchen...unless there's more than one of her that is. :wink:
We can but hope :wink:
But I never was a lot of good with tenses, genders etc. - brings back bad memories of dreaded Monday afternoons with one of my least favourite Germans *shudder*
As for you horrible lot, I've come to the conclusion that Lena keeps getting compared to a witch because of her obvious magical tendencies; with Satellite scaling the singles charts in all corners of Europe following its victory on Saturday night, it's looking like she's doing a far better job of taking over the continent than any other German has ever done :--D

Thus, it was with great delight that I discovered today that Germany have already decided upon a maverick approach to the 2011 contest. Adopting an 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' attitude, spelled out in a humorous manner most unbecoming of the nature, and thus negating the need for another 'Unser Star Fur Oslo' type show, the powers that be in Germany have elected Lena Meyer-Landrut to represent them for a second year, thus allowing her a chance to defend her title. I've seen contestants recur before, but never quite like that, thus I'm intrigued - not least to see whether or not she fulfils the traditional roles of a previous winner, in addition to her roles as a contestant. All that remains to be seen is which song will be picked - and which accent she'll choose to sing it in... perhaps that's what the German jury will be left to decide over the next 10 months or so :)

Meanwhile, those who found her more aesthetically than aurally pleasing... might do well to check out reality soap 'Bitte Helfen Sie Mir'. I'll leave you to work that one out. That's about as long as I can drag out my post-mortem, for now - you can tell I've had something of a misspent bank holiday weekend, a consequence of which is all 25 finalists on my iTunes, a continuing quest to track down an English copy of 'My Cassette Player', and last.fm charts I'm slightly ashamed of.

EDIT:
Just in case you still weren't convinced to sign up to the LML Appreciation Society... Or that some Germans have humour...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkrlIRxyVTw[/youtube]

Who learnt the Flashmob dance? I did, but I got lost at the 4th section, usually I'm quite good at learning these sort of things, I think it was because I can't really be bothered and there is no real point, just a bit of fun :lol: