What's new

Europa Park to add a new major Mack coaster within the next 5 years

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know how to reply to multiple posts in 1 post... So I will try not to post anything any more! I was new to Coasterforce...
It's okay - you can ask. :)

You can hit the reply button, which will insert the quote into the message box where you can then type your comments. Simply start a new line, scroll up to the next post you want to reply to and press the reply button again - it'll add a new quote into your text and you can carry on. Rinse & repeat and you'll be a pro in no time! :D

CSLKennyNI

EuroMir is widely believed to be next for a EuroSat style retrack/refurbishment. It is not being removed.
And as has been said the new coaster shall be in a new, most likely an Eastern European country, themed area behind Greece/beside Russia - the land currently used by the Traumatica Halloween Event. The Halloween event is rumoured to then receive permanent housing in the basement of the new area.
I also doubt think it will be a Big Dipper nor an Extreme Spinner, didn't the park confirm it would be something new?
Yes it was said to be a new kind of coaster, while also being a mix/combination of other coaster types too...🤔

Last edited:

Crazycoaster

It wouldn’t make sense for EP to “showcase” a ride like the extreme spinner, or Big Dipper.. because there are already versions built out there. Mack would simply showcase those rides in those parks.

cookie

I remember reading that a Euro-Mir retracking was on the cards after Eurosat was completed, but I don't know if other areas of the park having to be addressed because of the fire didn't push basically every plan the park had outside of the hotel/waterpark combo back.

I maintain that the park could use a major flat or a drop tower as much as it could use another major coaster though.

Last edited:

Ethan

I maintain that the park could use a major flat or a drop tower as much as it could use another major coaster though.
I imagine the reason they don't have/won't ever have a drop tower of similar flat ride is because of capacity. I don't see how even Europa Park could get a decent throughput on a drop tower, even if it's a huge Gyro drop with 30+ seats.

Ethan

EuroMir is widely believed to be next for a EuroSat style retrack/refurbishment. It is not being removed.
And as has been said the new coaster shall be in a new, most likely an Eastern European country, themed area behind Greece/beside Russia - the land currently used by the Traumatica Halloween Event. The Halloween event is rumoured to then receive permanent housing in the basement of the new area.
Yeah, I heard Romania, Croatia and Scotland (weird) were possibilities? Could be wrong though.

cookie

I imagine the reason they don't have/won't ever have a drop tower or similar flat ride is because of capacity. I don't see how even Europa Park could get a decent throughput on a drop tower, even if it's a huge Gyro drop with 30+ seats.
Doesn't have to be some huge gyro tower, a themed tower in the vein of Tower of Terror or Mystery Castle that could run multiple cars at once could work.

My bet on the next country 'land' being either Poland or Czech republic, being neighbours to Germany - and both also having a Darth of Folktales and History to be investigated - I can see Europa delving in darker more Gothic themes like Hansa have done recently.
I don't see Scotland being used due to Hansa debuting their Scottish area around Highlander and Nessie - but who knows?

I have a theory too that they might try an inverted coaster, a coaster model MACK haven't attempted yet (apart from the Arthur powered types), they know inverted coasters work well if done right i.e. no need for a gimmick - but would be new enough for them to 'showcase'.

Other than that I could see them stepping up on the big dipper models to be more like Gert's Infinity coasters - and throw in some gimmicks like backwards sections, drop tracks etc - which would work at europa giving that they'd try and tie it around story elements.

CSLKennyNI

Yeah, I heard Romania, Croatia and Scotland (weird) were possibilities? Could be wrong though.
Yeah those have been rumoured. From what I've heard quite recently Scotland was considered at an early stage but abandoned and its almost certainly going to be something Eastern European.

Some kind of darker Gothic theme as chainedbanana suggested would certainly be fitting for permanently integrating/housing their Halloween event infrastructure.

Roland Mack did an interview with Blooloop recently for his birthday where he did actually express an interest in an Xtreme Spinner in the future.

There is a lot of ride capacity in the park, but we also have a lot of guests. Some days we have over 40,000 people, so there is still room for two, three or four big capacity makers in the future.

“One ride I think would be a really perfect fit for us is the Time Traveler [Xtreme Spinning Coaster], which we sold to Silver Dollar City. It’s a fast ride, but I think it’s still a family ride. It has wonderful cars and a perfect track layout. In general, I would really like to have a ride like this in our park, but the waterpark was a big investment.”https://d302e0npexowb4.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/19094353/Time-Traveler-Silver-Dollar-City-US-roller-coasters-2018..jpg
Source - The full article is an interesting read