What's new

English Football 2008/2009 Season

Sometimes i just wish Barca would just shoot when they see it. They're forever trying to dribble the ball in the net and that's why Chelsea had the better of them, and so would any of the English top 4 or 5. Unlucky Chelsea, they were the better team deploying the better tactics accross both legs.

:lol: , great seeing Drogba going nuts towards the ref at the end of the game and then turning to the camera. I'm glad too see Barcelona making it to the final as I think a Man Utd - Chelsea final would have been boring.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlapSsiy_KI[/youtube]

^Me too, as they as the latest games have been quite boring 0:0 or 1:0 games.

Inverse said:
Sometimes i just wish Barca would just shoot when they see it.
yeah, especially after Ronaldinho left, they've played more and more that kind of short pass-go through the middle-football, which does at times get on my nerves when they would've had a great opportunity to shoot from 15 yards, often even closer, and then they just pass. It is beautiful when it works though.

Weekend is approaching and its football time.

Portsmouth are away to Blackburn who we always loose to!

This weeekend should settle the relegation battle.

Yeah its quite baffling they've ended the football league quite a few weeks prior to the Premier League finishing, its normally only a week before!

I was watching GMTV this morning and saw that they had sent a reporter to Olso to try and track down the referee at his house. Talk about fueling the fire.

Looks like Drogba will hear his punishment today after his apology yesterday.

Ballack and Drogba are a reminder of all that's wrong with football. Why can't they just lose gracefully? Twats.

With Hull loosing to stoke today i believe that the relegated clubs will be WBA, Hull and whoever looses tomorrow between Newcastle and Middlesbourgh. That'll be one hell of a game!

STOKE ARE STAYING UP!! What a win today against Hull, we're staying in the prem! Plus, has anyone heard the Pottermouth Rap, it's brilliant:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCXY2UjygSw[/youtube]

Emmett said:
:lol: , great seeing Drogba going nuts towards the ref at the end of the game and then turning to the camera. I'm glad too see Barcelona making it to the final as I think a Man Utd - Chelsea final would have been boring.

Na man, Chelsea and Man Utd. would've been more exciting. It's hard to play Barcelona straight up, most teams that do lose. I don't see Man Utd. playing Barcelona that different from what Chelsea did.

Did anyone watch the play-offs yesterday? I think André Bikey has been watching that clip of Drogba just a few too many times...

I can't find a video at the moment but he went ****ing nuts! Ripped his shirt off throwing it on the floor, stamping around the pitch in a right hissy fit, he just exploded!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 256741.ece

This is the same guy who pushed over a paramedic in an international match about 6 months ago, hes got far too much of a short fuse...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zzHcyIlEKs[/youtube]

As for Chelsea V Man Utd... I have to disagree about it being more exciting, they play each other more often so are more tactically aware of each other, I'm not saying Man Utd & Barca aren't going to have a clue about each other though.
Plus Chelseas midfield doesn't really have any pace with Joe Cole injured, the rest of their midfield are brilliant I have to say, but no one who can really charge and attack at defences.
I think the CL final this year is going to be one where both teams defences need to stand up and be counted, as theres pace in both teams midfield and attack.
I have to say I've always thought Barcelona would walk the Champions League but watching their performance on Wednesday, I'm not too convinced. Manchester United just want to hope they wrap the league up before the final day of the season because the last thing they'll want is to be playing a full strength squad on 24th with the final just a few days later on 27th.

Edit : Lol I've just come across a video of that ref from Chelseas match midweek on the Norwegian version of "Hole in the Wall", failing miserably at it :lol: its on www.thesun.co.uk in the video panel on the right hand side...

Double post... I've uploaded a recording of the TV (lol) of Bikeys madness... watch it before its get taken down, I'm not leaving it up there for long before they clamp down on my arse for copyright stuff...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26erzukuZH8[/youtube]

Tonights game is ****ING massive.

ALL or nothing.

I can't tell you how nervous I am, I've just cracked a can of Carling open and setting off to the pub in a bit, COME ON BORO!!!!

I'll let you know when our away trip to Blackpool is guys, football match one day, pleasure beach the next!

Boro just don't have what it takes it to stay up, they haven't all season and tonight just proved it. They make good plays but it still isn't good enough.

It's amusing because everyone around here is so pissed off.... all walking around slagging off Newcastle. If there wasn't a chance I'd get stabbed I'd have pointed out that Newcastle aren't the ones ****ing going down.

On the plus side for Boro, they get to play the awesome Palace next year.