What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I wonder how long it will be until the park put some kind of transportation in? With further expansion it's going to be quite the trek from the entrance to the back of the park!
The amount of land they have left to build on is crazy!!!

I’m most keen to see the onsite hotel, as good as his brother’s ‘Western Camp’ is it’d be nice to stay on site.

Christian

Hyper Poster
I wonder how long it will be until the park put some kind of transportation in? With further expansion it's going to be quite the trek from the entrance to the back of the park!

The old park is so packed that I cant figure out where they can fit it. If they put one in they either got to demolish some of the old park, do a cable care going over the old park or just go around on the left side. Though I dont think that's currently planned because it would be a pretty expensive investment that dosnt create any hype whatsoever. They would rather spend that money on rides that would increase attendance.

A temporary solution I would want to see is them buying some of those little trains that go on the road and just use the road to go from inside the entrance (after they checked tickets) to Dragon Zone/Aqualantis. I think what would be quite popular.

JamesB

Mega Poster
The old park is so packed that I cant figure out where they can fit it. If they put one in they either got to demolish some of the old park, do a cable care going over the old park or just go around on the left side. Though I dont think that's currently planned because it would be a pretty expensive investment that dosnt create any hype whatsoever. They would rather spend that money on rides that would increase attendance.

A temporary solution I would want to see is them buying some of those little trains that go on the road and just use the road to go from inside the entrance (after they checked tickets) to Dragon Zone/Aqualantis. I think what would be quite popular.

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually remodel the area after the entrance. The first thing you see is that tacky Wacky Worm. They could create a little 'Main Street' or something. Yeah a type of shuttle bus would work quite well. Or they do something crazy like building an underground train!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Or they do something crazy like building an underground train!
One of the first rules of construction is that you can build whatever you want pretty cheaply, but as soon as you start involving the ground in any fashion, the costs start piling up. Building anything more elaborate than a cable ditch underground is completely out of the question for most amusement parks (TusenFryd's underground attraction is a converted bomb shelter). Not even Energylandia has that much money.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
One of the first rules of construction is that you can build whatever you want pretty cheaply, but as soon as you start involving the ground in any fashion, the costs start piling up. Building anything more elaborate than a cable ditch underground is completely out of the question for most amusement parks (TusenFryd's underground attraction is a converted bomb shelter). Not even Energylandia has that much money.
This... And it’s exactly why people were, and still are, so amazed by Towers’ 90’s additions. They were huge civil engineering projects for a theme park to undertake.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
So in less than five years time, Energylandia will end up having the most coasters in the world and SFMM will get stressed :p
They’ll have 19 next year... So it could be very soon.

But of those, ‘only’ 13 or 14 are decentish coasters, (for their target audience,) with lots of kiddie trash. I expect some of the trash will be removed at some point, however not all of it, because they’ll want some kiddie options.

This is how I’d tier their coasters.

Top Tier Thrill:

Zadra
Hyperion
Abbysus (Potentially)

Good Thrill:

Speed
Formula
Mayan

Trash Thrill / Family:

Viking

Good Family:

Boomerang
Dragon
Frida
Mine Train (Potentially)
Light Explorer (Potentially)

Good Kids:

Energus
Draken

Trash Kids:

Frutti Loop
Happy Loops
Mars
Circus

I’ve left out Disco because... Is it even a coaster? ?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Good Family:

Boomerang
Dragon
Frida
Mine Train (Potentially)
Light Explorer (Potentially)

Trash Kids:

Frutti Loop
Happy Loops
Mars
Circus

I can't help but feel putting the Mine Train, which could quite easily be on the same scale as Colorado Adventure, on the same level as Junior Boomerangs and the other two things, is doing a huge disservice there!

Also, Circus Coaster always seems to have the most hilarious operators on it - how dare you call it trash!!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I can't help but feel putting the Mine Train, which could quite easily be on the same scale as Colorado Adventure, on the same level as Junior Boomerangs and the other two things, is doing a huge disservice there!

Also, Circus Coaster always seems to have the most hilarious operators on it - how dare you call it trash!!
Possibly, if you look at the list like that. But the list was just meant to split them into categories. To highlight the trash they could happily get rid of. I’m sure the Mine train will either top the ‘good family’ rides, or sit just behind dragon. :)

It has a track...

By that standard the rocking tub is also a coaster too... Who knew they’d match SFMM’s record in 2021? ??‍♂️

I don’t count them, a lot do... It’s one of those questions that will never be answered, one of those ‘personal choice’ things :)

Last edited: